Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 66 nova with hooker headers the push rod hits the oil filter and the filter hits the header i have a ph 30 filter now and its to big do i have to run a remote filter or is there a fix? oh yeah its a 327 non chevy 2 block with the bracket for the z bar. thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
CLUTCH LINKAGE FOR 1962 THRU 1967 NOVA V8 CONVERSION

Chevrolet offered the 1964 Nova (first year) with a factory installed 283 C.I. V8.
Two problems; the OIL FILTER was recessed up in the block in order for the long OIL FILTER (normal then) to clear the clutch linkage. Plus the location of the hole for mounting the clutch pivot ball is low near the oil pan. The 1965 through 1967 Nova’s came with either a 283 C.I. or 327 C.I. V8’s. The 327 came with the same recessed oil filter and clutch ball location. Today these Blocks (known as Nova Blocks) are hard to find and when one is available they have a high dollar cost and or are in bad condition. The block will need to be inspected to verify that it is useable. Many a Nova ends up with an automatic when the owner really wanted a four speed.
Problem one, clutch pivot ball. Today many Nova after market parts houses offer a bracket that bolts on to the side of the block in order to correctly place the clutch pivot ball. Here is a list of some Companies with their part numbers and approximate costs.

Ted Williams Enterprises P/N M2-3423 $29.00*
J & W Nova Parts P/N Block pivot bracket $25.00*
The Paddock Inc./ Paddock West P/N PAD04099 $26.95*
* Prices subject to change.

Problem two, oil filter. Many oil filter adapters bolt on to use an after market spin on oil filter. The filter is the normal (large) diameter but needs to be very short. Even then sometimes the linkage rubs on this filter. Some use a remote oil filter to resolve the problem. The 1995 Corvette LT1 V8 uses an oil filter adapter that moves it in board towards the pan. This is a neat and clean way to give the clutch rod more clearance. This adapter accepts two different filters from G.M. a PF52 or a PF47. Of course these P/N’s can be converted to many after market Company filters.

G.M. P/N 12556204 $79.00 Retail. $51.00 Wholesale.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/6432/axle.htm#1968

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys.. I am building a 1965 nova with a 327 none Nova engine but the behouseing and everything else is for a nova.. it has a Flaming river steering column and gear box the issue is where have problems mounting the clutch assembly. Has anyone else run into this type issue and if so what would be the best way to get it solved.

Thanks
Win

1 - 6 of 6 Posts