Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice article Tom, and car. Hard to not like a 427 Yenko Nova. I read in the article that Hendersons car was a special paint car. In 1969, was that designated by a " - - " on the trim tag, or noted on the buildsheet, or both? Congrats!

Dave Belk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see you are from Independence, MO. We are about 6 hours away in South Central MO. As you can see by the emblem, the car was sold from Van Chevrolet, staying in and around the KC area until I bought it a few years ago in Grain Valley, MO.

To see this Nova and many other rare cars, be sure and attend the annual SCR.

http://www.yenko.net/reunion/2006reunion.htm

You are only about 4 hours or so from Collinsville.

·
Registered
938 Posts
SYC do you have a web site that douments the complete rebuild on that Nova. I'm not trying to make a clone, but I am trying to make a car that looks like a COPO car. I'm going to use the dealership my grandfather was a chief mechanic of for 35 years instead of Yenko or any of the other big names though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gloryhound said:
SYC do you have a web site that douments the complete rebuild on that Nova. I'm not trying to make a clone, but I am trying to make a car that looks like a COPO car. I'm going to use the dealership my grandfather was a chief mechanic of for 35 years instead of Yenko or any of the other big names though.
How accurate do you wish to be with your COPO-like car? Using a '72 can be a little tough, due to the EEC stuff, etc.. Let us know your plan, and we can give you the details on the COPO look.

What dealership did your grandfather work for?

·
Registered
22 Posts
No problem Marlin. I have a copy of the documentation that the previous owner supplied with the car from Joel Rosen. The original is with the proud new owner. There are lots of before pics, and after, on the Yenko site as well which you should have seen. We were not certain on the stripe configuration. I liked the look of the way we did it. The original engine was long gone, so an L-88, dated 1969, purchased from Yenko Chevy, was put between the fenders. Other than that a repaint and some incidentals. Cool car. As you can see by the before photos, not much needed to be done. Enjoy the read! You should have attended the Forge show Marlin when it was there in 2004 parked next to George Rubistellos motion vette. Have a happy new year!!

1st link is when the previous owner listed it for sale, 2nd is when it was finished.

http://www.detroithorsepower.com/forum/index.php?topic=433.0
http://www.detroithorsepower.com/forum/index.php?topic=877.0

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those links should open right up for you Marlin. If you need assistance, e-mail Scott Abbott at [email protected] He would be more than happy to help you.

The sYc show seems to have been stagnant the last couple of years. I know they have tried to obtain more vehicles other than Chevrolet supercars. Most people I talk to go simply for the racing alone, which is great. I attended the first few years, but noticed that the same cars seem to be appearing year after year, with very few new additions. Surprised you keep going after the continuous national magazine coverage showing you getting the "Frank Spank." Just kidding, you know I love ya. Have a great new year and tell the kids uncle Dave said hello.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The sYc show seems to have been stagnant the last couple of years. I know they have tried to obtain more vehicles other than Chevrolet supercars. Most people I talk to go simply for the racing alone, which is great. I attended the first few years, but noticed that the same cars seem to be appearing year after year, with very few new additions.
Spin it however you want, Dave, but let's be real here...everyone knows that's *not* why you haven't been back...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts