Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, i just received my WS6 rear backing plates from the E-Bay auction i won. i'm wondering if anyone can ID these numbers for me...

Thanks in advance !!! :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
SHIFTY4 said:
Hey Guys, i just received my WS6 rear backing plates from the E-Bay auction i won. i'm wondering if anyone can ID these numbers for me...

Thanks in advance !!! :D
1610830 - one side

1610896 - the other

Randy (surprised you didn't figgur it out on yer own!!!):thumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the guy stated what they were... i just got 'em today and saw the numbers on 'em. took quite a bit of googling ta find that link.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone have thoughts about the plates ??? the Seville uses large calipers where the T/A uses small... will i be able ta use these plates ???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, the rotors are identical except for bolt pattern

the calipers are "big" or "small" anyone know the difference ???

i ordered 1 caliper of each... i guess i'll "SEE" what's up ;)

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
They are different than the Camaro/Firebird. The backing plate is steel and part of the assembly. The F body are tin and bolt on to the caliper bracket.
Here is a photo of the ones I dropped off at your house.

I thought the Caddy ones were what you wanted so you would have the 5 on 5 bolt pattern to match the front.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Phillip... i'm just questioning the caliper differences i guess... it's unclear as to the difference. between "big" and "small".... piston size, or is span different too ???

i was going to use the aftermarket rear kit i bought on the 68 C10 and the T/A's were going to go on the Flyer... i'm not too overjoyed with the aftermarket brackets on the Flyer.

i just got off the phone with my Part House. they're ordering calipers for me ta look at... so i guess i'll find out later on... i'll post up what i find out...

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
The span of the calipers are different between the ones for 11" rotors and the 10.5" rotors so if both had 11" rotors you may be ok. but the offset from the axle mount to the centerline of the rotor may also be different. I know that the Camaro set up I had and the 82 Eldorado set I am using on the Nova take a different offset on the rotor to align the caliper properly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll double check myself later on to confirm, but my Parts guy told me the dimensions on the Caddy rotors and the T/A rotors are identical... other than bolt circle. and as ya said, yes, i want the 5x5 to match the C10 front... rotor diameter 11-11/64...

the calipers i know have a bigger bore piston from one to the next, i'm wondering on ear spacing, e-brake location, bleeder etc etc... are all gonna be OK... this too i'll find out and repost...

i think it woulda been easier if the guy stated right off the bat these are for a Seville and not a Trans-Am.

i see it as false advertizing... which ain't right...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, no biggie... the bulk of the calipers appear close to being the same... it's the bolt span that the difference is in... from what i saw.

i anticipate no problems... but what do i know :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.