Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched the show tonite and they were doing a 63 2d nova. They paid $1000 for it and ended up with 50k in it. They built it as a nostalgia racer. Full cage, blown 427, lots of aluminum work, but no tubs. The car went 6.60 @ 110mph in the 1/8th mile. He bought the car to do a project to pickup moral in his shop. The car didn't sell at auction. They put a 10k paint job on it, Lime Green with yellow and orange flames. The paint job I didn't care for. Nice car, but I would have done it different.. Anyway, it was nice to see a Nova done on the show.

·
Registered
627 Posts
saw it myself, i thought it was cool, if actually had some history to it i think it would have sold..i did notice that a man and women bidding on the car are the same people that bid on the gto clone car and both times they wouldnt quite rich 50k..funny, must be the same auction

G

·
i liked the paint a lot... my taste though. we're all different. thought the car on a whole was Nice. i missed half the show... i came in as it went on the dyno and the hose blew. didn't think i'd want ta take a jack and clearance my fenders after paint though... shame 'bout that... but i liked the car a lot.

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Don't need a fan at 110 mph. This is built for track only; blown, injected, suicide front straight axle. I'm lovin' it; paint and all, just not $50K worth.

Big Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
I find myself always hoping they dont get their reserve. I just dont like the guy, he really doesnt seem to be a car guy just and investor, so many things are done wrong on these cars it is not even funny, 9 outa 10 times they start with paint, then do drive train, there is always grinding and cutting sparks flying, after the paint job. He never starts with any true "muscle car" the chevelle was just a plain jane malibu, the gto was really just a redressed lemans, and though I think they are cool as heck, I really dont consider a 63 nova a muscle car (In my opinion a muscle car can not have come from the factory with a 6 banger)
It is always the same group of people bidding on all his cars, regardless of what auction, how much you wanna bet they all check into the same hotel :sad:

He has built 2 "nostalgic race cars" the problem is they are both "brand new" they have no racing history at all, it's that history that makes nostalgic race cars valuable.

I watch the show, cause I love cars, but personally think the guy is a tool, and his "super muscle cars":rolleyes: are at least double the price they should be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I swear I saw that same Nova roll across a Barrett Jackson stage recently on Speed. I remember calling dad and telling him about it. Anyone else see it? The auction was within the last few months, prior to the Wrecks to Riches airing of the buildup.

Lewis

·
Registered
179 Posts
I find myself always hoping they dont get their reserve. I just dont like the guy, he really doesnt seem to be a car guy just and investor, so many things are done wrong on these cars it is not even funny, 9 outa 10 times they start with paint, then do drive train, there is always grinding and cutting sparks flying, after the paint job. He never starts with any true "muscle car" the chevelle was just a plain jane malibu, the gto was really just a redressed lemans, and though I think they are cool as heck, I really dont consider a 63 nova a muscle car (In my opinion a muscle car can not have come from the factory with a 6 banger)
It is always the same group of people bidding on all his cars, regardless of what auction, how much you wanna bet they all check into the same hotel :sad:

He has built 2 "nostalgic race cars" the problem is they are both "brand new" they have no racing history at all, it's that history that makes nostalgic race cars valuable.

I watch the show, cause I love cars, but personally think the guy is a tool, and his "super muscle cars":rolleyes: are at least double the price they should be.
I agree. Just my opinion but when I think of a muscle car I think of the HEMI Cuda, Charger, Camaro and most of the cars are 69's. just my $.02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts