Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

Would you buy a Stainless Steel gas tank for you car?

• I would you buy a Stainless Steel gas tank

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I would not buy a Stainless Steel gas tank

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • It's possibilty, If the price is right

Votes: 9 50.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All Members,
I just have a though. I see that a website is making a stainless gas tank for 55-57 Chevys. I though that if we got enough people to sign up that they could start to make one for "X" Bodies. I am going to post this on our brother sites, Camaros and Chevelles sites. See what kinda poll I get. Thanks for your vote.
Stock tank, But Stainless

Want to see the other polls?

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1092978#post1092978

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92856

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They have one one Tanksinc.com for a 55-57 Chevy for $260. I don't think that's bad. I was going to ask them if they could make or have made one for an Chevelle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rock Valley Auto Parts already has SS gas tanks for almost anything you want. I purchased one for my 67 chevelle 300 2 years ago. Has intank electric fuel pump and holds 25 gal.

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
Rock Valley Auto Parts already has SS gas tanks for almost anything you want. I purchased one for my 67 chevelle 300 2 years ago. Has intank electric fuel pump and holds 25 gal.
Where is Rock Valley Auto? I have been looking for an El Camino tank with an EFI pump set up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
With a 67 elcamino or wagon you can use a tank off a 94-96 Impala, buick wagon that had LT1. Friend of mine is using one in a 67 wagon with LT1. The elcamino and wagon have more room as the floor is higher off the frame. The gas fill is on the side like the elamino. It is a tight fit between the frame rails but it will go. Real cheap way to go, but works great.

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
With a 67 elcamino or wagon you can use a tank off a 94-96 Impala, buick wagon that had LT1. Friend of mine is using one in a 67 wagon with LT1. The elcamino and wagon have more room as the floor is higher off the frame. The gas fill is on the side like the elamino. It is a tight fit between the frame rails but it will go. Real cheap way to go, but works great.
Thanks for the tip. I'll start looking for one to measure. Are the Caprice the same dimension only with the rear filler? If so I know where there is one I can look at.
Rock Valley wants $400 for the pump and sump :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts