Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Engine: Chevy 350 SB with 350HP NOS
Wheel & tyre: Weld 15x12 backspace 3.5 and Mickey Thompson ET 32x14.5x15.

Our track here indonesia is really sucks. The asphalt here has no different from daily road asphalt. I need help to carefully choose the right drag slicks to use in this condition. Its still spinning until 190m.
Help me!!
I have National race in 2 weeks.

Click below to see how bad the spinning on youtube.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7O7o7uD7-0"]YouTube - Drag Sentul Torana Heartbreaker[/ame]

HELP ME ASAP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Which one is the best drag slicks? (HOOSIER,MT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what are you using now for slicks?

At the moment i'm using MICKEY THOMPSON ET Drag Slicks 32x14.5x15.
Do you have any recommendation.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Probably the softest compound by good year. asphalt always going to bring petroleum based products to the surface and there may be no real answer. one, you can also check your competitors cars. if they all using the same thing, look into your set up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably the softest compound by good year. asphalt always going to bring petroleum based products to the surface and there may be no real answer. one, you can also check your competitors cars. if they all using the same thing, look into your set up.
Most of them using Hoosier. Which one do you think is the most suitable for me, using hoosier or Good Year.

At the moment i'm planning to buy tyre with size 33x15x15. Would it fit with my 12 inc rim width? Or do i need to buy new wheels with 15 inc rim width? Will the rim width affect the traction?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
if your competetion is using hoosier and working, hossiers generally cheaper than good year. with the tire size you want, even hoosier reccomends a 14-15" wide rim. So I would think the 12" rim your using would be too small for the tire size you want under the car. Rim width shouldnt effect traction. no downward bite, suspension unloading are two of the biggest factors for no tractions. I would also think running on asphalt is another issue for poor traction. I looked at your video, and your drivers rear tire is is laying down more rubber than your passenger side.
Set up may be a factor as well. Big Dave and Jays64II will be able to help you beyond what I can at this point.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
no tire will make any difference if the chassis setup is wrong on the car. put the car on 4 corner scales first. i'm assuming this is a 4-link rear suspension. It looks as if there is no pre-load in the chassis. i would like to see a viseo of the car from the side on launch. Chassis tuning is a one step one change at a time type of deal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I see a few issues - the surface you are trying to race on is not compatible with high powered race cars - you can tell by your tire tracks that your tire is pressure is a tad off, the tires are not making full contact with the asphalt - what were the outside tempuratures and how much of a burn out did you do? - your high speed looseness appears that you might want to play with the spoiler on the rear of the car to get more high speed down pressure - with all of those adjustments, you are still going to have a hard time hooking up on that surface!! - just my 2 cents!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts