Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Ed,
I purchased a lower patch panel for my 1970 right fender from www.oldmusclecars.com I haven't installed it yet.
The good thing about it is that the steel is very thick, and it's less expensive than a new fender.
The bad thing about it is it looks like I'll have to do some creative hammering and fabrication. It doesn't follow the curve of the fender that well, and the body line is rounder than the original fender.
This company has good prices and an informative catolog with a few illustrations. If I remember correctly, the catalog was about five dollars. If you have time, you can download it for free from their site.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Unless its something very large with compound curves like a roof panel, etc, I think its about as easy to buy a sheet of metal and fab them yourself...thats how I do it ;)

·
Registered
938 Posts
I go to Lutty's chevy (Pittsburgh, PA area) which is a local distributor for Good mark panels. If you can find a local Good mark distributor you can save a bundle due to the shipping cost of most of the panels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys, I have replaced door skins qtr. panls. floor pans and trnk floor, and patches fabed from sheet metal, most of the panls came from keystone automotive in cleveland and was delivered to house. and a dr.skin came from Summit raceing parts when I saw my '69 nova for sale and I could get it for $250.oo and having a garage and 10yrs of bodywork
aw what the heck it's a good hobby to restore a classic,good luck
I've been working on mine for 10 yrs. and will be at the car shows next summer I'm on the interior now the panel were around $300 not bad.
if you can weld them in youself.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Mike ;)

this thread was resurrected on August 6th 2009...

i'm unsure if the thread originator (posted Dec 16th, 2006) is still in need of patch panels ;)
LOL! i saw that after the fact.i was hoping to get rid of skins i have.i thought it was perfect he lives in pa too!

G

·
Hey, it's cool you were looking to help someone (helping yourself too is quite OK ;) )

post up an ad in the "Forum" classifieds and don't forget the "Main" classifieds :thumbsup:

i wish ya the best Mike ;)

good luck to ya,

JR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts