Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i was hoping that someone could shed some light on a few things for me here,i am currently in the process of putting a really ****ed off smallblock in my 70 nova,i bought the car with a 250 straight six in it,on the motor was a clifford aluminum intake,with the dual "three into one" headers on it,also on top of the intake was a 650 holley four barrel,with a k&n cold air intake setup,also it had HEI ignition on it,obveously i will never use this stuff again,i had a guy offer me $550 bucks for the whole smash. i don't know what this stuff is worth,do any of u guys? he wants me to trade him all that stuff,plus a set of comp.engineering slide a links,plus my old rear end wich is a 8.2 10 bolt with a posi and a set of superior billet shafts with 4:11 gears for a 12 bolt with strange axles in it,richmond 4:56 gears,and a mini spool,im also wondering what u guys think that axle it worth,he said otherwise he wants $1800 bucks for just the axle,sounds to me like he wants to bend me over the bush,but i'm not sure what this stuff is worth or if its a good deal to trade,also he has a set of bucket seats out of a 70 nova that are in good shape that he wants to sell me for $350 bucks,not sure what these are worth either,any thoughts are appreciated!! thanks
70novadisease-Dan

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Re: whats this stuff worth?am i getting a good deal?

My take is you can buy a new (new as in brand new not forty years old rebuilt) high nickel 12 bolt with 3" welded tubes and no C-clip new 33 spline axles with your choice of gear for that price. (posi would be more)

You do not want a spool (mini or other wise on the street; Drag Racing Only).

The Clifford Research manifold sells for about $250 new, Carb about $430 new, HEI comes with any late model six, headers are around $400 new and the 250 six running brings another $350 retail at most salvage yards around here. As to what they are worth do an e-Bay search on each and that will give you an idea of the demand for them. With what is on the outside I will wager the motor has major head work and a cam that will put a lot of 305 motors to shame. If the car runs crank it up and take it for a ride it might amaze you. It will also be a lot easier to sell complete and running if in a car ready to be demonstrated.

Big Dave

·
Registered
89 Posts

you are correct on the power aspect i drove the car with the six in it for about 6 months,it was pretty impressive,the only thing that sucked about the deal,was the powerglide tranny, it did aewsome burn outs to :yes: i geuss im going to opt not to take the deal,the other housing is an original and needs to be blasted and painted also,even though the guts are all top notch,besides,im not going to run 4:56's on the street with a muncie anyway,and the spool would eat up my $340 bucks worth of tires on the back also,so i geuss im gonna just hang onto the stuff and maybe dunk the 6 into a 4 door rat rod project someday,as they say, "it ain't costin me any money to sit there"thanks Dave--Dan

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Does anyone have an idea what a "good" set of buckets for a 70' is worth? just curious,might be trading other items for these seats and not sure on the value,i was told $300.00 bucks-:confused: -Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts