Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard of the Nova Nats,Fred Gibb show,Vette Fest,Atlantic City NJ show, any more?? Which are the best Shows that have lots of Novas of all sorts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dan, without a doubt, the Nova Nationals. I unfortunately missed it in my own backyard this year in Cedar Rapids, as I was taking delivery of 2 Novas. I really wanted to be there, but neither car was ready to show. I missed the Gibb reunion as well, the following week-end, for the same reason.

IMO the Nova Nationals has the best judging for Novas as well. Wayne Bushey really sets up a thorough judging process with very knowledgeable people in the hobby. If you want to know what improvements to make on your nova, take it there. Also, you do not have to have your car judged, you can just participate. If you receive a gold award at the Nova Nationals, to me, that is saying alot.

The SuperChevy events I have attended in Joliet, IL., Indianapolis, IN., had lots of Novas as well. All types from bone stock, to full blown race.

To each his own, but if Novas are your passion, the Nova Nationals, or Mini-Nats is the place to be.

Dave Belk

·
Registered
13 Posts
If rare Novas are your thing, then there's no place like the Supercar Reunion held *every* Labor Day weekend inside the Gateway Center in Collinsville, IL...SCR7 had 12 - 1970 Yenko Deuce Novas, 3 - 1969 Yenko Novas, and 1 - 1968 Gibb COPO Nova...SCR8 had 4 - 1968 Gibb COPO Novas, 2 - 1969 Yenko Novas, 1 - 1969 Dana Nova, and 6 - 1970 Yenko Novas...and I'm sure SCR9 will have it's fair share of rare Novas as well! :thumbsup:

Oh, and did I mention that these cars actually *drag race* on the Friday of the event?! ;)

---------------------
Rob Clary
'69 Yenko Nova - Gold Spinner, VetteFest
'69 Yenko Camaro - 12.32 @ 115+, Pure Stock

Interested in ultra-rare Chevrolets? Then visit: yenko.net

·
Registered
51 Posts
First time for me to attend a Nova Nats was a blast. Wow, what a show. Wayne, Schonye and all of the other folks who were involved put on a great event. Highlights o0f the show inlcuded a supercar display, with several sYc members taking part, a very nice awards ceremony, and outstanding speakers, Helen and Nancy Gibb, and our own Marlin Spotts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ken did tell me the Nova Nats was a great show, lots of Novas. That didn't surprise me as I have attended 3 of them, and all were great. Wayne knows how to put on a show. I just about have another deuce secured to have him restore. I don't know how he finds time to do all he does!

The Gibb show has grown tremendously! Helen is a great lady. Very well run show. I just visited with her a couple of weeks ago. I think I will take my Gibb/Harrell car down to LaHarpe with the wife and kids, have dinner with Helen, and park next to the #50 car for some pics. I better hurry, as it is misting snow here!!

Dave Belk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dave,
Any chance we'll get to see the Turquoise car at LaHarpe in '06? Sure would be cool to get all four colors together again for the first time since 1968, and in LaHarpe to boot!

Fathom Blue and Grecian Green are already committed; how 'bout Tripoli Turquoise and Matador Red!!!!

Dennis

·
Registered
301 Posts
The Super Chevy Show (http://www.superchevyshow.com/) is another one with Novas. The number will vary from site to site and year to year. I live near Denver, so always attend that one. That's another good thing; they are held at many different locations, so there is ususally one near most folks some time during the year.

Since the Nova Nats are usually not close, I made an effort to attend this year in Cedar Rapids. As has already been said, they were fun. Also met a bunch of the folks from Steve's Site there.

Denver 2005: http://community.webshots.com/album/429511117zORHIc

Nova Nats 2005: http://community.webshots.com/album/434256666xcEJFC

Dan (take a handkerchief to catch the drool):D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Anytime you can get together with friends and enjoy the cars you love, it's a good show!! For Novas nothing beats the Nationals put on by Wayne Bushey from NNN. If you are a serious Nova Nut this is the show to see. Hope to see lots of nice cars this summer in Hunt Valley, Md.

Happy Holidays, wilma

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info.Heard recently that the Atlantic City Nova show next year will be bigger and better,seems this guy George Lucas and company has a real handle on this show

1 - 17 of 17 Posts