Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok a friend of mine he is think of selling his 70 nova ss it has a strong running 355 id say around 350 hp and a smooth shifting 4 speed. body is pretty solid both quarter panels has been replaced but the just put them right over the old ones and hasnt been welded in yet. it is a rough car but seems solid he is wanting 2500 for it and it runs and drives has a set of new weld wheels and tires on it and a fuel cell in the truck and rear seat isnt installed but has just been recovered. what should i really look at before buying it i have never had a nova yet and just dont want to over look some of the common promblems with these cars thanks for any input.

·
Administrator
537 Posts
over the old ones? run.

The price is reasonable (imho) but, geesh, you are going to have to redo the quarters for sure and what about the inners, lower front fenders, trunk, floors etc? I just get bad vibes on this... perhaps I'm totally wrong, just passing on some thoughts. then again, 2500 bucks doesn't get much in the SS world.
Al

·
Registered
13 Posts
Common Problem Areas For Novas Are Lower Radiator Support Mainly On Passenger Side. Lower Rears Of Front Fenders ,inside Lower Base Of Windsheild From One Side To The Other, Floor Pans Almost All Novas I Have Looked At The Left Rear Seems To All Ways Be The Worst, And Quarter Panels. Just Check It Out Realy Good
And Good Luck!

·
Lifetime Premium Member
87 Posts
Also rear window to trunk piece and if the trunk gasket leaked enough
to rust out the trunk and possibly the frame below.

Also don't know if it matters to you but just because it has the ss badges
doesn't mean its a real ss. Might check into that.

Chuck

G

·
$2500 bucks for a good 355, tranny, differential, tires, wheels, suspension ???

i'd say it's worth ta get all the parts and part the car... if they did a crappy job on the body work, might be costin' more ta fix than ta scrap/part out and recoup $$$ and parts fer next one.

i think it's worth 2500 if running gear etc are good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.