Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting a 68-72 nova this winter to rostor for a toy. I want to build it for fun not show. I would like it to look nice just not a traler queen. It will have a 355 with 425hp and a 700-r4 built. for suspencion split-leaf mono with caltracs and qa1 in back fron will have qa1s and cut to ride hight springs. I'm not paining on cuting the wheel wells at that point but who knows what will happen. any way what should I look for? I know the floor bords and trunk are prone to rust but any odd ball stuff about novas that I should look for?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check the bottom of the back window,this area can get very rusty, my 70 is pretty bad, you will have to take the outer bottom moulding off the glass to see how good or bad it is, i don`t think you can buy one of these panels, you will have to make your own or weld in a patch where it needs it,if anyone know`s where to get a new panel like this please tell me!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I can make you one, I just need the measurments, or better yet a rubbing of the offending part. Another place to look for rust is at the bottom of the front windshield. Mine is going to be replaced in a few days when I go to get it from Florida. It's rotted real bad at the lower corners of the glass. My friends frame rails were rotted toward the back where they meet the rear valance. When looking at a car, don't be afraid to crawl all over it with a flashlight, even in the daytime. Shadows are just smaller areas of darkness. They'll hide stuff, too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As mentioned:
Front windshield area.
Back window area.
Frame rails.

And ...
Trunk pan has the gas tank straps welded on and will be rusted if the trunk pan is. These are not being reproduced yet, but Camaros can be modified.
Shock mounts.
Rear inner and outer fenderwells.
Lower portion of firewall sides. Leaves and debris sit down there and rot out the sides.
Check the seams where the floorpans and firewall and trunk overlap.

If you don't mind the work, most parts are being repoped.

Best bet, find Grandma's "go to church car".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts