Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
12bolt = expensive

8.5" with all the goodies is very close to as stong as a 12 blot and on the cheap compaired to a 12 bolt.

8.75 all the Mopar guys hord<sp>

9" is ok I guess ? and I do like the ease of changing centers for street and strip.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have a 9" with 3.70 posi that is suspended by 4 link bars and coil-overs in the '63 coupe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
9" F*rd with 3:70's, 390s, 456s, 300s (my friends say I have a problem with commitment, I say I like to keep my options open...)
Gotta love the poor mans quick change!
Easy to set up, & parts are everywhere!
Havent blown one up yet! (knock, knock)

Frank T

·
Registered
457 Posts
12 bolt with 456 gears and a spool

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Currently I have a 12 bolt with 3.73's but with the cam I am currently thinking about I have a feeling 4.10's are in my future....HEY if you want em fast you gotta pay the pipper;)....Course the piper doesnt have to be such a pig about things...lol

Hey Danno are you ready for the drop in MPG?...Also are you still planning on road trips after the new gears? I used one of those online calculators and the difference in RPMS between the 3.73's and the 4.10's should only be about a 10% increase...:)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My 72 has a beefed up 10 bolt 8.5 in it w/Mark Williams and c clip eliminators. Posi was done by Toms differentials in Ca. My 69 has a Dana 60 under it. It was a comp elim car at one time. I have now converted it to Pro Street. Both of these cars are running 4:56's in them. My 70 has a Ford 9" from Curries under it packing 3:91 gears.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts