Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
461 - 480 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Got my Nova back today god it sounds so good!!! I gotta take and check to see if the speedometer cable is hooked into the back of the inst. cluster it's not working. Need to sand down some spots for the steering column to get ground and bleed the brakes again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What it is, I'm the new guy, Omi. I've got a 73 two door I've had about 10 years. I put a new radiator in it and also took the interior out and covered the floor with Cool It mat and
i have new carpet on the way. Trying to get it ready to take on the last leg of Power Tour

·
Registered
319 Posts
I finally got my Nova back friday. Everything is fixed I got a used Edelbrock 600 carb on the car now, the old Holley had problems with it. I had to buy a new battery though. The car runs very good! One problem I am having is with my front tires scrubbing the inner fenders if I turn too hard so I am going to get skinnier tires. Did a burnout at work and got in trouble but it was worth it lol. I'll try and make a video.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Took my 73 and my buddies 68 out for a drive tonight, perfect weather for it. Had a nice cruise, at leasst right up till mine ran out of gas, it seems that when the gage reads 1/4 it is really bone dry, never had it do that before. Oh Well. Here is a pic of the flames under the parking lot lights.

and here is our next generation of Nova Driver, meet my buddy Justni's little girl Mckenna

and here is both Novas together

Matt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got old girl all shined up for summer. New 2 1/2 exhaust dumped at axle. Moved shocks inward also changed intake to Holley Dominator. Yes thats original paint interior. Hood was painted to match.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Replaced my Holley blue fuel pump with a Mallory unit and promptly came up with a leak at the pump. After hours of messing with it, to include exchanging the Mallory unit for another one and draining the fuel cell a couple of times, I found a tiny crack inside one of my fittings was the culprit. Should have figured that a twenty year old fitting would be the cause rather than a new pump or a one year old braided line. Anyway, all is dry now and the Mallory pump is LOTS quieter then the Holley pump was. Put a few miles on the Deuce this weekend to include attending our local Saturday nite cruise in. Next weekend I'm planning on getting brave and venturing out to a neighboring town to a scheduled cruise in over there. Lovin' this Tremec 5 speed!!!:hurray:

461 - 480 of 503 Posts