Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, this might have been run to death, but i'll start....i recently aquired my "machine". its a 69 coupe with a bb,was a 6cyl, about 3 weeks ago .today i just looked at it,anticipating the day(when im done with my basement) when i could start the process.im thinkin...bench seat,column shift,4 inch cowl hood,and two tone paint.thats what i did.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
A stray dog came around today. A cute Beagle mix. She was friendly so I petted her for a while. I left her alone and went on about my business. She started barking at my cat, so I yelled at her to scare her off and put the cat inside.

......Then the damn thing came back and jumped on the front fender of the Nova.

Alan lost his mind. :mad:

I threw her off the car, yelled at her and kicked her from one end of the yard to the other, then up the street. (Not hard, more like dribbled like a soccer ball)

The dog left bad scratches on the fender. If I had already painted it, the dog would be hamburger. Really, I like animals. I have three cats and a dog. MY animals know enough to stay off my Nova.

SO, to answer your question, I kicked a dog off my Nova today.

·
Administrator
9,471 Posts
Since the garage is under going a thorough cleaning and reorganizing the Nova is outside. Today I checked to make sure none of the cats or dogs pee'd on the wheels.

But somehow I think you had wanted the replies to maybe go in a different direction :D next week I will be installing Wilwood calipers on the front and a new cowl induction hood, but for now just checking and cleaning wheels.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I walked in the garage and just stared at her like a high school kid looks at his best friends mom(love at first sight.):DThen I thought a little about the cold air intake I'm setting up that I'm being too lazy to finish.Looked in the other stall at the nova on the rotisserie and thought when am I ever going to finish those toe boards I'm replacing.Ones cut out fitted and ready to be prepped for welding.The other piece is sitting where the back seat should be:eek:.It's pretty tough working on either in the evening after a long day at work.By the time ya get started it's time to stop.The bench is coming out and buckets are going in.I got side tracked,back to staring at her like a high school kid!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I went to the shop. My buddy is a gear head and a racer. He likes blown small block chevys. Had a long talk about my 63 Nova and the $ and sense of going blown. I officially committed tonight. Going to be a real learning curve the next several months. Ordering up the blower and all of the aceesories tomorrow. In a few months I will be able to rattle everything off. Right now I am still trying to understand the difference between Nylatron and Nylon and burst plates on the intake (one vs two).

Ordering up a gear drive, blower pins, etc for the shortblock.

Looked at the rear end and suspension under the car. Right now I am running 31 X 10.5 W. We think we can get 14s under there but may have to send the rear end in if the backspacing isn't correct.

Committed to a four link. My buddy builds these from scratch. He said I could order the kit or help him build it. I told him I was in. He test fitted my hand with the tape measure tonight.

I am psyched about this blower thing. This all started when I mentioned I wanted the car to be CONSISTENTLY RESPONSIVE. He thinks that should be the name for the car.

·
Premium Member
17,539 Posts
Good luck David!

I used to scrape gaskets and wash parts with Don Garlits (swell individual). A Roots is an impressive blower, a centripletal blower is a better one. That is what I would recommend over a hole in the hood if you want consistancy.

As to one or two blow off's it isn't as important as the total area. You want the biggest amount of surface area you can get for a fast response; unless you like damaged parts (so two beats one usually).

Big Dave

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Well I made Bj sad tonite...Two friends and I pulled her Elcamino in garage to work on oil leak, two hours later, using handtools and floor jacks, her 327 and turbo 350 were sitting on garage floor, Elcamino out in driveway and a lot of work to do in next few weeks. THE FASTER I GO, THE BEHINDER I GET....HMMMMMMM! J

G

·
my ChevyII was parked a week ago, garage door shut and that was it.

it's got a blown voltage regulator and driver's side header needs to be removed, returned to manufacturer for factory dimpling. nothing will probably happen though until February/March

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Today I woke up, did a little stretch to get all the tight muscles loose from sleeping. I brushed my teeth, decided i should floss. I looked at the clock, passed on flossing, I decided a shower was more important. In the shower I looked at my arm, grease. "Where did I get grease from?" I thought. Two days ago I worked on a friends camaro. I had grease on me from 2 days ago. Embarrassing. I lost focus, left the grease, and lived with it for another day.

Fast forward to me leaving the house. I specifically design my exit route from the house to go through the garage past my car. I admire my car as I walk to my work car. "man I wish that was my work car" as I pass the 5" cowl hood and look forward at the light blue/grey car I am going to work in. then I remember it doesn't have a heater and its 35 degrees. I am ok with it that the Nova stays safe in the garage and I start my car.

As I am waiting for the car, I remember that my coffee cup is on the kitchen table. I walk by my Nova again. I suddenly am depressed about the dust that is accumulating on my car. If i make it back before it is dark, I will wash it.

I went to work, nothing is going on this morning. It is quiet. After working 30 hours already this week, I am ok with a quiet Wednesday morning.

I think I will look for Nova parts.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I fired up my 67 first time in just over a year. The clutch feels nice and smooth.. I hope all that money and hard work will pay off. Still did not take pictures of what I did to my bolt on down pipes.. Turned out they where so bolt on after all. I am pretty sure I have the correct manifolds, but I have heard a lot of controversy on this subject, so maybe due to all that confusion I either have the wrong pipes or the wrong manifolds... Oh well it works. So now I am actually motivated more than ever to get on the road come spring time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I dropped my control arms off at the machine shop to have the new bushings and ball joints pressed in even though I am home sick from work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i gotta a surprise today.a buddy of mine gave me a pair of SS hood grilles.i got home and immediately set them on my hood.they are damn near brand new.oh yeah! im totally stoked.for free!!!!!

·
Administrator
9,471 Posts
I drove the 77 to work today. After not even starting it for 2 weeks it felt good. Weather was so nice the AC was not even needed.
The stop sign on the way out of the subdivision is also the corner the school bus stops for the area kids. Several were already there and one girl was waving her arms in appreciation of the car. After rolling easy through first gear and into second, and being a safe distance away, I ran it hard through the next two gears. When I looked back in the mirror they were all going nuts. There is a couple of ricers and a bunch of Harley owners that live here but I have the only American made muscle. With 5 miles of straight flat road in any direction I go it is always fun :D

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Good luck David!

I used to scrape gaskets and wash parts with Don Garlits (swell individual). A Roots is an impressive blower, a centripletal blower is a better one. That is what I would recommend over a hole in the hood if you want consistancy.

As to one or two blow off's it isn't as important as the total area. You want the biggest amount of surface area you can get for a fast response; unless you like damaged parts (so two beats one usually).

Big Dave
Don Garlits is a very down to earth racer. He was up here at KCIR in Kansas City a couple of years ago. He took a real liking to our German Shepherd "Stroker". He signed the leash and walked around quite awhile with him. Really great guy. I bet you learned a ton with him.

1 - 20 of 503 Posts