Votes: 3 7.1%
  • i like ham.

Votes: 5 11.9%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color scheme should I do on my car??? ...It's a minitubbed '71 nova...it will have prostars or draglites and 295 radials, has a 2inch cowl hood, possibly all ss trim, and hood pins.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone???

·
Registered
627 Posts
i like solid black..it would look like the car the advertise in the forsale forum on this site..i think it looks good..im so sick of seeing stripes on cars i could spit..but thats me

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
As far as livability and maintainability of the paint job, I think Blue is a better bet and it's easier to keep it looking good.

I'm with the others who are a bit tired of SS stripes.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I would have to go with Blue also. Black is so over used that it isn't funny. Also if your car is a true SS (proven or not) then by all means put the SS stripes on it. If it isn't a true SS I wouldn't do it, I'm tired of everyone cloning the SS's, RS's, Yenko's, and Balwin motion cars. You go to a car show and all you see is a line of SS clones. I can understand people who always wanted one of the rare cars, but not being able to afford a true one doing it for a car they drive, but if it wasn't part of your dream leave it out and blow the doors off the cloned cars with your true, one of a kind, personalized Hot Rod!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gloryhound said:
I would have to go with Blue also. Black is so over used that it isn't funny. Also if your car is a true SS (proven or not) then by all means put the SS stripes on it. If it isn't a true SS I wouldn't do it, I'm tired of everyone cloning the SS's, RS's, Yenko's, and Balwin motion cars. You go to a car show and all you see is a line of SS clones. I can understand people who always wanted one of the rare cars, but not being able to afford a true one doing it for a car they drive, but if it wasn't part of your dream leave it out and blow the doors off the cloned cars with your true, one of a kind, personalized Hot Rod!
It's originally a 307/TH350 car, and was Classic Copper with a Brown Vinyl top and light sandalwood interior. It's currently banana yellow(puke) with black interior. The black interior is staying, but I HATE yellow, so I gotta change that. My brother is saying blue as well. No, I'm not making it an SS clone. It may have the SS trim panel and/or front grill emblem, because I like the look, but I'm not putting SS396 wheels and an SS steering wheels etc. on it. Thanks for all the replies, and keep 'em coming:thumbsup:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Gloryhound said:
Did True SS Nova's have SS Stripe's?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hey 68 chevy ll, are my eyes really getting bad or are the yenko stripes missing on the pictures you posted of your car?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
68 chevy ll, I like it better with the Yenko stripes on it. The stripes leap out at you and say look at me. The car looks good without them also, but I think the stripes just make it stand out. Yours is the only Black Nova that I have seen with the Yenko stripes and it really caught my eye the first time I saw the picture.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can I vote for ham twice??

I am close enough to Oakland that EVERYTHING around here is painted black and silver, so I am not impressed at all when I see a black and silver car.

A black car looks awesome, but it requires a lot of work to keep it looking good.

Ham. Now there is a good color!!!! Unique!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts