Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I've had several muscle cars including two 70 Novas, a 72, a 73, a 74 and my latest go,.. a 77 SS 4-speed car. I found out about it a few years ago at a car show. Under a picture of a clean, straight 77 SS Nova was the phrase "Free to good home". Mama didn't raise no fool, I tracked the owner down and asked. He told me it was just as the picture showed except it had no motor or trans. and no back seat. Good enough, I thought, we signed it into my name and went to pick it up right from there. When I saw it for the first time, it was in a chicken coupe. I thought to myself, it's a good thing this is free, or I'd be p!$$ed off right now! The front clip wasn't bolted on the car, just sitting there, no grill, headlights, front bumper, etc. 4 flat tires no two were the same. You get the idea. I was mad until a week later someone gave me a complete 78 with no title just to clean out their yard. A little later a friend was selling an M-20 muncie for $100. At the same time another friend had a brand new 402 BB for $1200. The rest is history. I don't have any good pictures right now, but I'll try to get some soon.

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
Well than a formal welcome will be in order :waving:
Don't you just love it when the photo doesn't represent the car in its current condition, kinda like internet dating :) Sounds like it is coming together nicely though. A BB 4 speed car is going to give you lots of SPM (smiles per mile) Post some photos when you can.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In two days I'm going to bring him home. I'll post some pics of the trip. He's in Florida right now at my folks house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts