Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1972 Nova SS with low miles (I post a picture in the SHowroom). It is a little harder to figure what Novas go for (unlike Camaros that there seems to be a million for sale all the time) - where is a good place to check the value of this car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would do a serch on ebay and autotrader.

On ebay, use this search term

(68, 69, 70, 71, 72) nova.

Click the vehicles for sale so your are not looking at parts too.

The () brackets above are the equivalent of the word 'or'

The final trick is to click the checkbox for completed auctions - so you can get the final price.

Myself, I havent looked at the prices in several years, but I can only imagine they are increasing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the search and not too many cars that aren't modified, in need of just about everything or hacked up in some way. I guess there are not many true survivor Novas. I think many of them got chopped up to equip Camaros and Chevelles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike I checked that site and most (all) of those cars look heavily modified. Mine is a bone stock, all original, low mile (21k) car. I would guess it would fit the survivor class. My brother bought this car new in '72 and I have good documentation. It seems most Nova's have been cut-up to be used for parts or modified a bunch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bh3chevy said:
- where is a good place to check the value of this car?
How about $13,500?
The value is basically whatever someone is willing to pay you for it, if you were to sell it. If you advertise it for $17,000 and someone offers you that much, then that's the value.
Then there's the personal value. How much the car means to you. In that case, there's no value that can be set on the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Search: Hemmings, Cars On-line, E-bay, etc. The value of original Novas will only go up because of how many Novas are now not original cars. Also take into consideration that you don't see many bone stock, documented Novas today. They are the upcoming Muscle Car. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an unrestored 66 Nova. It has been stripped to check for bondo or repairs on the body and none was found,a real unmolested stright 2 dr. ht. with bucket seats and 4 speed.it was a 327 car but the engine is gone. it has new bumpers and all the glass is good as well as the chrome moldings. Also has the original rally wheels but tires are rollers. any one interested, give me a call 918-225-6604. asking 10,000.00 . Cars like this when done are going for 25 to 30 grand on ebay. For 5 grand and your time this one would be as nice or nicer. don't have the time ,already have 2 cars I'm doing along with an airplane I'm building. everyone let me know where your thinking is on this one

G

·
i agree with checking all the places mentioned for comparison pricing and also agree the car is worth what someone will pay.

i kinda look at it this way... if there's 12 cars that look comparable to mine and i REALLY like mine... if someone wants to buy it then they better like it BETTER than me or i'll keep it Thank You very much ;)

figure also what it would take to replace it too ;) a car's value may be on the uprise due to supply, demand and popularity... what will it cost to replace in a year or two if it sells today and you change your mind and want another one ???

just a thought anyways ;)

Good Luck !!! :D

Johnny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts