Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

v8 swap

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  goobs 
goobs,
There are various vendors which sell V8 conversion kits. First you should know or have the V8 that you will be installing as there are different oil pans depending on the year of the block. You should also get yourself a larger radiator, which may also be included in a complete V8 conversion kit. Here is one vendor you can check out for a ballpark price you can expect:
http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.a...chevy2only.com/index2.html&TITLE=Chevy_2_Only
Hope this helps

My 63 had a T350 in it when I bought it, with the stock 194-6 cylinder. The crossmember was just modified slightly (a small amount of material removed from the front lip of the crossmember) for the pan to clear.

Some have used the original 6 cylinder springs, and others have replaced them with V8 springs. You could always keep what you have in it now and see what it looks like and how it handles then decide if you want to replace the springs.

If you go with a T350 or 400, get the bracket and kickdown cable that goes with it. I don't know if PG's have a kickdown cable or not, or if it has one that it would be compatible with one of the other trannies.

I installed a Summit universal aluminum radiator in mine ($170) , as well as a Ford Taurus electric fan (wreckers) which works well to keep it cool. If you wanted to go that route you'd have to go with a short water pump though as there is not enough clearance.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at:
sumpmonkey@sympatico.ca
Just make sure to title it something that would make me know it is from you as I delete any messages from unknown sources.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.