Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping I can get some advice on brakes. My nova doesn't currently have power brakes and I would like to upgrade. I plan on installing disc brakes in the future but I have other priorities right now (i.e. transmission). So I was wondering if brake boosters are made differently for drum/drum setups as opposed to disc/drum setup. I would like to install a power booster now to use with my drum/drum set up that could also be used at a later point when I upgrade to disc/drum or disc/disc. I already have a dual resovior master cylinder. Thoughts? Errors/mistakes I should avoid? These manual brakes are a drag and I am hoping by simply adding a booster I can improve the drivability and get a small start on my future disc conversion project.

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
I read your post in the welcome forum but will welcome you here :waving: I think your taking on this project will help keep the memory of your friend alive.

The booster will work with both drum and disc. When you upgrade to front disc brakes the master cylinder and proportioning valve will need changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup: Philip thanks and you are right... I was telling this story to a buddy of mine who used the words "tribute car" which I like. Alot of friends and family are anxious to see the progress.

I was told to get an 11 in booster so if you have any brands you would suggest that would be great. Is it necessary to have a proportioning valve if I am keeping the drum/drum setup for awhile?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts