Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i had a toggle switch on my 74 nova to start it and after i replaced the killswitch it will turn over but it wont start i really want this to get goin so i can start spending my money on fixing the body up thx guys

·
Premium Member
17,539 Posts
Switches are designed as normally open or as normally closed (but normally closed is not a very common configuration for a toggle switch). They are generally a single pole (breaks only one line), but they can also be a double throw switch as well, which takes energy from one circuit and transfers it to another circuit by reversing the position of the switch lever). Finally most toggle switches are always on or off, and a started switch is generally a momentary contact switch (you have to push against a spring that opens the circuit the instant you stop pushing on it). I won't even get into the color of the switches or the internally lighted toggles; or those with a safety cover that the military is so found of.

Now since the factory never used a toggle switch of any kind; what can you tell us about the person who wired the toggle switch in your car since you know more about it than we do at this point.

Big Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hes got 4 wires going to the toggle switch which iv looked more into it and found that usually you only need 1 or 2 wires going to the toggle switch...im pretty sure he just hillbillyed it haha but im debating on whether to save a couple hundred and get it switched back to the normal starter with just the key turn to start

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.