Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys: Just wondering if anyone has been able to run a 28x10.5 mickey thompson et drag slick with a 5" backspace 8"rim in a stock 1974 nova wheelwell, without issues. Any info would be appreciated. Thanx, Ken

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
5" backspace? that's a whole bunch for an 8" rim. Are you measuring that right? Anyway, it'll fit on that wheel in the wheel house but if it truely does have 5" of backspace, you may scrub the inner wheelhouse. a 4" or 3 1/2" will clear no problem provided your springs aren't worn out. My father told me to get the "big @$$ tires" off the back of mine. I pointed out that my leaf springs are arched the wrong direction, that's why it rubs. He responded,....oh. I've been building cars for 20+ years now, and sometimes I still think he thinks I'm a dumb kid. Oh well, what are fathers for.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I run a 28 x 10.5 et drag on a 15 x 8 centerline billet with 5" backspacing, but I'm using a '71 Chevelle rear (about 1-1.5" wider than Nova) and had it narrowed 1" total. Before narrowing a 28 x 9" slick or et street fit fine but the 28 x 10.5 slicks require rolling the outer lip and "clearancing" the inner wheelhouse a little with a hammer :D but they fit good!

Derek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts