Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting my Holley carb on today, and came across a set of springs that I CAN"T REMEMBER where they connected to. When I took them off, one side was connected to the coil bracket, and the other end my friend removed. Does anyone have any idea where to connect the springs?

I also changed my intake to an Air Gap intake, and now my alternator bracket won't fit. I believe it's about an inch off. Is this a common problem? I'm hoping that they sell brackets for this application.

thanks

So-cal jack

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
The Edelbrock problem is well documented on the Team Camaro site and there are about three or four work arounds to the problem, read the plus and minuses of each to choose your least painful fix.

The return spring goes at the base of the throttle arm and pulls toward the fire wall (depending upon whether you have a throttle cable or rod determines were it attaches on the other end). NHRA safety rules require two return springs so most kits install the second attached to the front of the carb pulling toward the fan and it mounts in the Ford hole with a button adapter on the top of the throttle shaft arm.

Big Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.