Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say howdy to all. i own a 70 nova that i just pulled of the rottissere. and getting ready to get it on 4 wheels. we did a mini tub on it and now installing a smith racecraft tubular front sub frame.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcome aboard. I know your having fun doing all that good stuff to your car. I know, because I sure had fun when I did it. There are some real good people here to help you with your qustions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the welcome. i will post some pics as soon as i figure out where to put them, later on tonight after work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i will wait to put my nova in there till its done. right know its in project form.
heck i will just post them here!

this is where i started.

some pics of the mini tub

notice the stock shock mounting point is cut out.

roughed in

both 1/4 on and wheel tubs in

this is where im at now.

and of course the sweet piece.

firewall is all primered and ready to paint this weekend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
one word of advice...if your mini tubbing a nova or camaro for drag racing use...do not buy detroit speed and eng. mini tub kit....its not made for drag racing. i ended up sending everything back and just keeped the tubs and offset shackles. and of course a 20% restocking fee goes along with that.
oh well live and learn.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
those shackles looked like detroit speed..if your draging the car why didnt you go for a 4 link set up??
staying with a stock style susp. ive already had 3 tubbed cars, just gonna go a differnt route this time. this race cars getting a/c...lol, im getting to be an old man!

·
Registered
14 Posts
one word of advice...if your mini tubbing a nova or camaro for drag racing use...do not buy detroit speed and eng. mini tub kit....its not made for drag racing. i ended up sending everything back and just keeped the tubs and offset shackles. and of course a 20% restocking fee goes along with that.
oh well live and learn.

What were the problems with the DSE equipment?:confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts