Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

The Forge 2006 "Supercar Fest"

5K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  DetroitHorsepower(Rabbit) 
#1 ·
If you own a factory Chevrolet COPO, or dealer built supercar, you are cordially invited to attend the "Supercar Fest." This is an addition to the already sold out Forge invitational Musclecar Show. It will be held next October. Details to follow at www.detroithorsepower.com , as well as numerous upcoming press coverage from this years show. This is a non judged show. You need not be part of any club or website to attend, ALL that is required is that you own a documented supercar. No BS, politics, bashing, etc., just a great time with great people. To be put on an invitation list, you can e-mail myself at qcnetworks@fbcom.net , Tim Lopata at copo427@charter.net , or Ed Cunneen at reply@copo.com . Space is limited, so hurry!!

Dave Belk

#3 ·
Marlin, I won't elaborate, but it is people like yourself that are forcing a "division" in a hobby we all enjoy. Noone likes to be in the middle, or choosing a side to be on. I find it rather interesting that you are rather quick to muddy other sites with your personal vendettas. This show has eliminated that atmosphere, and you don't have to take my word for it, take the word of the 90+ that have already committed to next years show, and the newly committed 30+. The past is the past, and the future never looked so bright.

Also, the Forge is no more "copying" than vette-fest, York, WoW, Gibb reunion, SuperChevy, and every other show in the USA. Don't you think it takes a lot of audacity to declare the SuperCar Reunion is the originator and need of ANY car show to be a successful one? Now THATS hilarious. Quit living in the past, and be part of the future.

I e-mailed you an invite.

Dave Belk

#5 ·
Marlin, I was not banned, Tim was not banned, so your information is incorrect. It is irrelevant anyway. Also, last time I looked at my verification on the 11 deuces I have owned, EVERY one was documented by the COPO Connection, NOT the "yenkodeuceregistry", which is apparantly a self proclaimed arrogant title/position.

Also Marlin, if you choose to live in the past, I cannot change that. However, I can assure you that NOONE cares about it but you.

Dave Belk

#6 ·
If you weren't banned, then try loggin on!

I don't document the deuces, and never have - which is why you have never seen a certificate from me. My agreement with Ed 9 years ago when I started the registry was that I would do the research, and Ed would provide the documentation. Your 11 deuces were cherry picked from the registry list that thanks to you I can no longer publish to deuce owners - they don't appreciate being badgered to sell their deuce to you to be flipped. And to think I first met you when you had a deposit down a cloned '72 Deuce with a small block 400, and saved you from that one - turned you onto Holubs yellow one - introduced you to a few other deuce owners that lived a few miles away from you! My, how times have changed.

#7 ·
Funny you mention that 72 Nova. You couldn't tell me if it was real! I was not banned from the sYc, I asked Charley to be removed. He can attest to that.

Sorry I hurt your feelings for purchasing 11 deuces, fully restoring or making them a little more correct, getting them out in the open, solidifying their history, and last, but not least, making 11 people very happy. You should contact them with your concerns. You can start with Schonye. Heck, alot of your information and pictures are from me. You seem to be paranoid about the spotlight being pointed in another direction. The spotlight should be on Vince Emmy and the COPO Connection, as they had the original lists that YOU cherry picked from.

Times have changed, for the better. Be a part of it.

Also, about 10 of the 90 cars at this years show cars were COPO/Yenko's. Thats hardly an attempt at "copying."

Dave Belk

#10 · (Edited)
For a starter example of some of the copos and other supercars that were in attendance at this years show please check out the following photos.

A Yenko Stinger Wagon. How is that for Rare???

2 corvette bronze 68 Camaros one a Yenko converted and the other is an as rare non converted Yenko COPO Camaro

A couple more COPO's

How does 3 ZL-1's strike interest including the #1 zl-1 drag car of Bill Porterfield.

A Yenko Corvair

As well as the multitude of other dealer (Smokey Yunick [2], Motion [2], Harrell [3], Bill Thomas, Berger, GMMG [7], Nickey, and others) prepped supercars that were on hand for all to view.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.