Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've been waiting for Turbonetics to send me some pics while it was at their shop but now it is back at Tim's place. He is thrashing on it trying to get ready for the Power Tour.

A couple teasers that were sent via camera phone

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
OK, this big bad ride needs a video of the car. Enough pic's it is time for the whole nine yards on video. I want to hear the engine and get a ride...LOL..Jack

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
OK, this big bad ride needs a video of the car. Enough pic's it is time for the whole nine yards on video. I want to hear the engine and get a ride...LOL..Jack

Tuned the car yesterday @ Danzio in Lake Elsinore so I have a bunch of video. Give me a day or so to compile it all into one short video.

-J

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
We had the car here at the shop getting it ready for the 2013 Super Chevy Handling Challenge. Installed the new Ridetech TQ's, and scaled and aligned the car.

-J

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Here are some more pics from the SoCal Challenge.

Power steering line decided it didn't want to be connected any more. Thanks to James Crosby for thrashing on the car to get it back out on Saturday.

3 wheel motion, needs less front bar and more rear bar

-J

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Ed1OYcruc"]Tapout Skrape's 1966 Nova Wagon Labor Day Cruise / So Cal Challenge Autocross compilation - YouTube[/ame]

-J

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The ECU died the day before the event. We took the car over to Westech and they tried 4 or 5 different Camaro computers and none of them would work. Turns out it needed some special computer that only Street & Performance had in stock.

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise because we were two laps in and the power steering line that connects to the pump decided it didn't want to be connected anymore.

-J

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The car still has some cooling issues so Tim ordered a new radiator and fan. We went ahead and changed to a larger rear anti-sway bar and stiffened up the low speep and high speed adjusters on the Ridetech shocks. The car is getting better each time it hits the track(which is only twice so far). Tim is trying to get some Rivals since the NT05's are only available in a 295 for the rear.

Tim and James Crosby made a few laps at Adams last night. Tim kept getting faster as the night progressed and he got comfortable with the track. His fastest was a 47.0.

The camera wasn't liking the dim light so we had some issues getting it to focus.

-J

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Well you definitely have race bred suspension under the car. I don't know how fast you are taking the turn where your driver's side front tire is airborne but there is very little body roll (or any observable deflection of the suspension as it is in the turn.

Big Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The front sway bar was so stiff that it wouldn't allow full droop of the inside tire. Add that to the rear bar being too soft (the rear of the car is nearly 200 lbs heavier than the front) it was contributing to the unloading of the front. We changed the rear bar for the outing this week, it is still too stiff up front so we will drop down an 1/8" up there for next week. Only one change at a time until we get it dialed.

Of course about the time we get the car feeling neutral those new Rival tires will come in and change the game completely. (The car has 295's on the rear now but has room for 335s.)

21 - 40 of 65 Posts