Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;) Not that team you guys!:beers: I normally hang out at team Chevelle, I have a 69 elCamino 454, M21 twelve bolt 3.73s, my buddy has a 72 Nova, he wants to trade even. I used to have a 70 Nova pro street and I kinda miss it, it's the red one. The nova he wants to trade has a 383 with aluminum heads MSD etc, th350 and a 9 inch, neither car is a true SS, both are in good shape. What do you guys think? I'm on the fence here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You'll be able to haul more wood with the El Camino.
Seriously, I like em both. Tough decision.

·
Super Moderator
7,493 Posts
Tough decision indeed, I had a 69 El Camino and they are a nice car, then again the Nova is badass too think I'd like to have both,LOL..

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Since this thread is nearly two years old I wonder how it turned out?

The Nova has it's good points, as does the Chevelle. The Nova is of course smaller and lighter; which as any racer knows is just as good as having a lot of power under the hood ,even if you don't. Conversely the Chevelle will swallow whole the biggest, big block, after that it is just a matter of figuring out how to get the power to the ground.

I love Pro Stock racing because almost everyone has a 2,400 horse BBC under the hood (there are a few 2,400 horse Hemi's of course and even a few 2,400 horse Fords though only God knows what engines the Ford guys use as they are neither the SOHC motors that are banned by NHRA rules, nor a 385 based engine. All are trying to out think the others in terms of clutch application rate and suspension set up (which is why they have the fender skirts hiding their four link set-up). The race is won or lost in the first sixty feet as few if any can drive around a competitor any more; though most Pro-Tourers haven't learned that lesson yet, and still think the magic is in the motor.

Big Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.