Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to swap my stock 65 suspension for something that will handle my 454 can anyone tell me what will fit? or am I doomed to buy a high doller after-market part? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
938 Posts
If you only plan on going in a straight line you should be able to get away with heavier springs only, but it you plan on driving on a street and want to be able to take turns at any kind of speed I would say your going to have to start with some High dollar after market stuff. The only yard parts I've seen used as an upgraded front suspesion are the corvette front suspensions. This would require alot of fabrication and welding to get it to fit up. Then you also run into the problem that yards want big $'s for any part from a Vette. Complete front suspension packages for the 1st and 2nd gen Novas arn't really all that bad compared to the cost of the parts for the 3rd and 4th gens. I'm currently saving up with hopes of getting new A-arms and a brake package that includes front spindles for my 3rd gen. I would rather not get involved in these big dollar items yet, but while the car is apart the time to do the work is now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.