Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this but..... I'm looking at possilby getting a 73 nova to replace my 77. Its a parts car, not sure yet what all its going to need, I know alot of the little stuff will swap over, what i need to know is will the subframe swap over, I'd rather just unbolt mine and swap it in instead of pulling my motor and trans..... (no more motor hoist). Im sure the fenders and core support will have a fitment issue, probably different mounting tabs and such, but what im looking for is width and length, I can make brackets to mount the fenders and make a cradle for the radiator. I'm looking at doing a fiberglass front on it anyway, possilby a roll cage and some added support bars up front from the firewall out close to the front of the frame, maybe even throw in a removable crossbar just in front of the engine to help stiffen things up. Anyway, is it possible to swap these subframes? will the wheels line up in the fenderwells, Im almost positive they will, the 77 is my 4th nova but its been a long time since my 72, just dont quite remember it well enough.. .... .... thanks for the help guys...:hurray:

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
I was under the impression there are major differences such as track, front steer/rear steer and frame mounting of bumper instead of bumper shock absorbers, to name a few. :noway:

Big Dave

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
I also have a '77 Nova and am scraping together funds and parts to hot rod it as it sits quietly in the barn. It will need all new parts, so I am going the tubular front end route using second generation Camaro parts. 1974 down Nova's used first generation Camaro parts so nothing is interchangeable with your model. The good news is they fixed all of the suspension problems of the first generation in the second generation Camaro/'75-'79 Nova, and second generation hot rod parts are becoming more prevalent since the first gens have gotten too expensive for the masses to own.

Big Dave

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that just sucks...ha ha. I was thinking the two different subframes would both bolt up to the body the same, I knew the steering was all different, but Im sad to hear that the subframe wont bolt to the 73 body.... oh well, time to scheme up something new i guess?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts