1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I did exactly what that kit has in it, only we made mine from scratch because there weren't kits available when we did it. The car rides and drives with no problems. i get a lot of comments when people look under the car. I put Hal/QA1 adjustable shocks in also. The whole thing came out really nice and gets lots of positive comments.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I am running a 275/60x15 comp t/a drag radial. It has about 1" clearance on the inside to the leaf springs and about 1/2" clearance on the fenderwell lip. The leafs are in the factory position and we added about 1-2" on the tub to ensure adequate clearance. No problems yet and this was done about 6-7 years ago. If you would like some pics, let me know. I can get you some if my digital camera doesn't take a day off like it seems to like to do.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
As I said, I have the QA1 adjustable shocks on mine, but they are not coilovers. I would suggest maybe giving QA1 or the brand you are considering a call and pose that question to them. They should know hopefully if that would be too stiff or not be able to be dialed in with the shock adjustment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, I think I'm going to get the kit. Right now I'm running a 245/60 15 on there now and it would rub on the fender when I went over small speed bumps and stuff like that. Last year my uncle helped me put in an extra leaf in the back, but now it sits to high I want to get it down a little more. I could go with a smaller tire but I like the look of a big tire in the back. Thanks again for the info

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Keep in mind your wheel backspace also. I don't recall off hand what my backspace is, but they are 8" wheels. My tire/wheel combo fits really well. When I say we widened the tub, the place where it looked like it might be an interference problem was the inside front/top of the wheelwell. I can't remember if there was a problem or we were just being on the safe side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts