Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a '71 Nova, but I have front bench and a rear seat out of a '73 Nova(both 2-doors). I might put these seats in my '71, but they really need to be re-covered and I cannot find seat covers for a '73 front bench anywhere. However, I have found a set for '71 seats. Will these work on my '73 seats? The headrests are fine, just the seats themselves need to be re covered. Also, how do seat covers work? Do they just slip over the seats? ...Or do you need to staple, nail, etc. them on? (I am NOT an upholstry man...I do everything else but that:clonk:)

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
The 71 covers will fit on the 73 seats. The covers are held on by hog rings. It is a small metal ring with sharp points on both ends. It comes in a semi circle and is installed using a pair of hog ring pliers by squeezing the ring thru the cover and around the metal frame of the seat. Look under the edges of the seats and you will see them. The covers are a bit tricky to get on the frames and over the padding. It is best to do it on a warm day and let the sun heat and soften the covers. Turn the covers inside out and roll them onto the frames taking care not to bunch up or pull thin the padding. Once they are on if your satisfied with the fit secure with the hog rings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts