Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

SBC 400 Hot after 7501 Edelbrock manifold

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  62 NovaWagon 
#1 ·
Good evening - I have a 66 SS, SBC400, 10.5:1, Lunati street performer cam, 4 speed Muncie, 3:73 rear, that previously had a Edelbrock 7001 performer RPM manifold. With that manifold, the car ran about 180 and temp was very stable. I recently had changed the manifold to an Edelbrock 7501 AirGap, and now the car is running hot to the point that I need to shut it down before it overheats. Slowly creeping up 220, and continues to slowly rise. Have any of you experienced anything similar when installing a 7501? This manifold has 2 water ports in the rear, that the 7001 did not have. Additionally, when I shut it down when it’s hot, the dieseling that occurs is scary. Could this be caused by the block itself getting too hot? Any input or comments would be great.

#8 ·
Hey all.
It turned out that one of my electric fans started to run backwards. Same power feed / same polarity was feeding both. I took the fan motor apart and found 1 of the 4 magnets were out of place. Seems like the small hold down has shifted, not putting any pressure of the back side of the magnet. I repaired it and the fan is running the correct direction now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.