Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to a couple of folk about putting a S10 rear end with Disc brakes in 63 nova. They recommended the 2WD donor vehicle because of the width (54.5" to wheel faces) vs 4WD (59" width). Anybody done this to their car? Any tips?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got the 2wd one with drum brakes.I used subframe connectors that stepped the spring in 2 ins. and left the rear hangers where they were.I went to Napa and found a fitting that was standard on one end and metric on the other to mate the brake lines.I've got 20x10s and they clear.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've got the 2wd one with drum brakes.I used subframe connectors that stepped the spring in 2 ins. and left the rear hangers where they were.I went to Napa and found a fitting that was standard on one end and metric on the other to mate the brake lines.I've got 20x10s and they clear.
Did you move the leaf spring perches? What subframe connectors did you use?

·
Registered
80 Posts
The s-10 7.5 rears will take a little pounding if they're done right. I was into s-10s for a while and helped put together an 01 s-10 which has a procharged ls swap for a friend. The truck runs in the high 9s and still has the factory 7.5 rear. We were searching for an 8.5 to build but they were only offered in certain trucks (most of them manual v6 models) and even the majority of those have a 7.5. Anyway we put a set of axels and a spool in the 7.5 and it has held great for the last few years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.