Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The '68 I just bought has a Richmond 6-speed (not installed) and I was wondering if anyone here has seen one of these put in a Nova. What bellhousing/clutch should I use? The hole has been cut in the floor, but once the trans is in, where do I find a shifter boot or something to cover the hole back up?

Thanks,
Darrell

G

·
Hey, Jeff Mortenson from "Classic Chevy 5 Speed" has a tunnel replacement patch for use with the Tremec TKO tranny that might do the trick, but i'd think just a chunk of 18ga steel, cut and trimmed etc would do the trick (less $$$ too) as far as a bellhousing, clutch etc etc... yer not really limited on this like us 1st & 2nd genner guys are... we have ta stay pretty much with the 10.5 units because the bellhousing requirements of our vehicles... you can run a stock 11" bellhousing or a scattershield...

NOTE with the TKO (i'm sure the Richmond is same) IF you use a scattershield, the unit needs to be "dialed-in" with a dial indicator to ensure the opening is centered to the crank...

.005 is max yer allowed or tranny issues could be a problem...

Lakewoods definitely require it, McLeods from what i hear are generally spot on... but checking should be done anyways...

i hope i've helped you...

be Good !!! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that does help. I've been looking on Ebay for a bellhousing and have found several from different size small blocks, years, etc., just wanted to make sure that most are interchangeable.

Thanks again,
Darrell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts