Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the rear window (in one piece) and the windshield (in many pieces) and now I am trying to remove all that black gunk around the window frames. Whoeever installed the windows the last time caked that stuff everywhere. What is the best method for removing it. I have scraped the heavy stuff out and am trying A soft wire wheel but wow what A mess.... I got the whole week off and am going to be out in the garage quite A bit I hope but I don't want to spend all of it on removing this stuff.

Tommy (on Vacation- the boss allready left one message trying to get me to come back in.... AINT HAPPENIN...)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
scrap off as much as you can and then a solvent like mineral spirts or acetone should get the rest off....just soak a rag and start wipping it...it will start to disolve it fairly quick...this is fairly messy and you will need a lot of rags...BTW if you do this do not pile the rags on top of each other until they have dried...you dont want to have them burst into flames by themselves:eek:...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts