Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’m looking for a carburetor. Dual (2 holes)

I’m a newbie.

What do you recommend? holly?rochester?

Thank you
lulu

·
Super Moderator
7,493 Posts
If you're looking for a 2 barrel then the factory replacement(Rochester) would be the best bet, just a bolt on deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I’m looking for a carburetor. Dual (2 holes)

I’m a newbie.

What do you recommend? holly?rochester?

Thank you
lulu
Hi,
Thanks for the info.

I’ve been buying parts at classic industries.

But they’re out of stock on the carb i need. Any recommendations on other websites?

Also, my nova is stock. It’ll me a electric carb right?

Thank you
luluxo

·
Super Moderator
7,493 Posts
Only electric choke, what year??, local parts store will have them, Rock Auto, just bought a new one for the wife's Nova on E-bay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only electric choke, what year??, local parts store will have them, Rock Auto, just bought a new one for the wife's Nova on E-bay.
Hi,

1970 nova 350.

We had the original carb refurbished , however I think my pops lost it in storage.

It’s a dual carb. I’m assuming is a electric choke, the nova doesn’t have a manuel pull.

sweet! Wifey has a nice ride.

This was my pops nova and now it’s mine ..

Thanks
lulu

·
Super Moderator
7,493 Posts
Easy to tell, if it's not electric there is a heat coil on the intake right next to the carb with a rod to connect to the choke, if there's nothing there then there should be a wire close by with a slip on connector that would go on the electric choke housing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It depends on what you are going to do with the .And whether you want it to look stock, You can run a everything from a Quadrajet and stock caste iron intake manifold. .A Eldelbrock Performer intake with the same carh .A Holley 600 CFM to a 3310 750 squarebore carbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts