Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems Hardcore Racing Inc. felt the need to destroy a factory 69 Charger R/T. It was also a 4 speed Dana 60 car. The car was built as a General Lee by Warner Bros company General Lee Enterprises in the 80's. They only made a handful of these cars to tour the country at car shows to promote the Dukes of Hazzard. Hardcore insisted on destroying this car despite the begging and pleading of the Charger and Dukes of Hazzard fan clubs. They refused to listen to how important and valuable this car is and jumping another car was out of the question. Nobody wants to see these cars jumped and destroyed anymore.

The car was up on Ebay just before the jump. The bad part is you would be bidding on the cars condition after the jump. Here's the auction with the before pics... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...cmdZV iewItem

Here's the video of the jump itself... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrNhRda8js

And the after pictures... http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopi...asc&highlight=

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was sitting here and heard a whoosh and his post was there almost instantly after I posted the story. Kinda reminds me of this stalker I used to know.

·
Registered
103 Posts
btw, the more we talk about it and link it around, the more that they get what they want... publicity. they're winning right now with the buzz they're generating.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I look at it this way; I don't want to do business with a company that has no respect for rare classic cars. I will not give my business to a company that will destroy such a car, and I would hope that other car enthusiasts would do the same. People who have no respect for classic cars, or any cars for that matter, do not deserve to make a dime from this industry. I for one am glad to know that Hardcore Racing Inc. does not deserve my business, or anybody elses. They need to go bankrupt.

Randy (JMHO):angry:

·
Registered
37 Posts
72GreenRally said:
I look at it this way; I don't want to do business with a company that has no respect for rare classic cars. I will not give my business to a company that will destroy such a car, and I would hope that other car enthusiasts would do the same. People who have no respect for classic cars, or any cars for that matter, do not deserve to make a dime from this industry. I for one am glad to know that Hardcore Racing Inc. does not deserve my business, or anybody elses. They need to go bankrupt.

Randy (JMHO):angry:
I agree 100%, why would you want to destroy a rare car like that just to make some money. They probably could have made just as much if the sold the darn thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's a shame. It's a piece of crap now. My neighber down the road from me had purchased two of the General Lees from the original t.v. series (one has the inside trunk signed by the cast) from an auction last year, along with Rosco Coltrain's cruiser that was his personal appearance car when he did the circuit a few years ago. Both of the Chargers were cars that were complete with interior, and not intended to be jump cars, so they are in pretty good shape. One is a big block 440, the other is a 383. The owner of these cars is sponsoring a Mopar show locally in May, and Rosco will be making an appearance at the show. He was telling me that he has to put Rosco up in a 4 star hotel, feed him, and Rosco wants to go bass fishing on the Saturday before the show, so he had to set that up also. That's a lot to give for a washed-up actor who's better days have come and gone. But I'll go see him anyways and ask why he could never catch those Duke boys, and wonder if he ever frisked Daisy?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts