Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, just came home with my new pool table. a nice coin-op Valley bar table. thing is, i have no keys. i figger the ball window i can just drill out the tumblers and replace the locks. the coin door, there is no lock, so i'll just get a new one... but the access door in the front is a barrell or cylindrical key'd lock...

how or where would i drill this lock to release the mechanism ???

any ideas ???

thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Kinda hard to guess without a pic. Why dont you just go buy a lockpicking kit...theyre handy to have anyways ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have you contacted Valley at all. Possibly you can get a key if there is any info on the lock. In the mean time just stick an old sock in each pocket to keep the balls accessable and play away. Pool I mean. Ha-Ha. I so funny.

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
If it is a cylindrical key the tumblers are designed to be pick proof. You can get a key made if you know the number (never easily accessible) but cutting a new key from the number is often a trial and error (expensive) fit because of the wear from normal use on the tumblers. Behind the lock is a standard latching mechanism so you could either punch it or drill it depending on the latching mechanism. I would ask a locksmith over after only as a last resort as it will be pricey.

Big Dave

·
Registered
98 Posts
JohnNY

Go to www.budk.com , and look up the lock pick set...they have two. One is a regular set for picking locks, and the other is a little more, (bout $45) kinda like a little gun. You insert the pick and squeeze the trigger and it hits so fast it trips the tumblers all at once. That might be an option. Plus ya could use the picks when shopping late at night.:eek: :D

Don

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow i could use that when i'm burglarizin' the neighborhood ;)

thanks Don... i'll write ya from Sing-Sing :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts