Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Re: question about " Marine Corp" 70 Nova

I believe that was a specialty pro built car with one of every high performance/chromed part installed to be auctioned off for charity. It was designed and built on TV by one of those build it in a week shows by some designer (it might have been Foos, but I can not remember) and had all kinds of sound, bling, and fluffy interior stuff as well.

Personally I think had all of the collective parts been put on e-Bay and sold to raise cash, and then the show could have hot rodded some returning Marines car maybe instead. But then I can not even recall the nature of the charity (which is most likely very deserving; I'm not knocking what I do not know); it is just that these over the top celebration cars can not be all things to all people. and whoever buys it is some one with deep pockets that just wants to buy his 15 minutes of fame. I think that money once again is better directed at the charitable need than the one of creation car. (just my opinion).

Big Dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thanks for the info it makes more sense now. The only way I could imagine that kind of money for a nova/chevelle/camaro would be the following........... 1) I won the lottery big
2) I found the car I had in high school
3) I paid one of these west coasters to bring it up to a
fantasy level I had never thought before possble.
4) Then I would keep it in the family and pass it to my
son.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I'm a little suprised....... I love that car and if you look at any real Big Block Nova's with Documentation that are known are worth big Money. This 1970 Fathom Blue L78, with an M-21 4spd, 3:55 posi and a winner at the Nova Nationals is a special car indeed.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.