Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is in the welcome section too. Hey everyone - I'm installing factory-style quarter panel on my 68. There was a cushion of some kind in the sail panel area, mounted on a bracket. I chiseled off the old one. What do I replace it with. if anything ? Also what do you do about the pins that hold the rear glass trim on ? The quarter panel doesn't come with them. Thankyou everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That foam is what they call a NVH material. Which stands for Noise, Vibration and Harshness. Basically it helps give support to the metal. This would be the same foam that is found underneath under hood inbetween the hood skin and braces.
Companies like 3M, Duramix and Fusor make a NVH foam that you can replace your old foam with.
Make sure you get a NVH foam instead of a stuctural foam because the NVH has some give and flex to it.
Also the stuff you would get a home depot would NOT be a good idea to use. It will absorb water and rust out your quarter panel.
The stuff I mentioned is made up of a different foam type and will not absorb water.

As for the rivet head the only way to replace them that I know of is with a stud gun dent remover gun. A company called HS makes stud guns and also makes those rivet heads. You need to buy the stud gun or find someone that has one to install the rivets.

http://search.cartserver.com/search...gory=catagory&maxhits=40&keywords="HS"&go=GO!

What you need is item number HS1003 and HS1005. That will get you started...Eric

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Eric. Appreciate the info. I hope it helped some others too. There was a different response to the question about the pins in the welcome section (same question was posted there). The screw-in pins sound like the way to go. Check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts