Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 72 nova, orignal all power drum car, but now it has power disc put on it , I got them from a juck yard and put them on 8 yrs ago when i was working on it. i have just started working on it again. I know that i need to change my proportining valve over , I was going to replace all brake lines in car to with prebent lines , im not sure if i can order brake lines for either orignal power drum or power disc because i never made any modifications to the orignal lines in the car, the only thing i want to change is the proportining valve i need to know if i order a proportining valve for front disk will it work with orignal lines in the car and where can i find on at ???

·
Premium Member
17,539 Posts
I have a 72 nova, orignal all power drum car, but now it has power disc put on it , I got them from a juck yard and put them on 8 yrs ago when i was working on it. i have just started working on it again. I know that i need to change my proportining valve over , I was going to replace all brake lines in car to with prebent lines , im not sure if i can order brake lines for either orignal power drum or power disc because i never made any modifications to the orignal lines in the car, the only thing i want to change is the proportining valve i need to know if i order a proportining valve for front disk will it work with orignal lines in the car and where can i find on at ???
There are adapters to mate the different size lines and fittings.

http://www.mpbrakes.com/uploads/products/AC2000kx_large.jpg

Big Dave

·
Registered
2,884 Posts

·
Administrator
9,471 Posts
GM line sizes are fairly consistent. I converted the Nova to 4 wheel disc. The rear brakes are 82 Eldorado, the front a combination of Olds 98 spindles and Camaro rotors to achieve 12" rotors with the correct bolt pattern. Here is the cool part...the proportioning valve is from the Eldorado, the master cylinder from a Corvette and all the stock Nova lines not only threaded in to the ports, but none needed bent from the factory shape to fit.

I am guessing the lines you have will fit the new proportioning valve as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.