Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
261 - 280 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
Hey guys remember me. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to update. Since my last update, life, work and finances have gotten in the way of me doing much on the car. Also have been working on the wife's Bronco and have the body back on it and hope to have it running by summer time. One of the big reasons I didn't get much done on my car is I got to a point where I was stuck and didn't know what to do next or how to do it. I usually don't like to ask for help and wanted to try and do as much of the car by myself as I could. Well life isn't getting in the way as much anymore, finances are better and I'm at a point where I want to get back to work on the car.

I got off the phone a short while ago with a guy who is interested in doing some work on my car for me. I'm likely going to get him to finish up the trunk work, get all the panels hung to make it look like a car again and maybe a few other custom things that I want done. I've seen some of the work this guy has done and it is very nice. He also does this as a side job as his main job is he owns a towing company. Makes it even easier to get the car to his shop lol. We will be getting together in the next week or two so he can look over the car and make a plan as to what I want done and when to take it to his shop. I may even get him to paint it when it's ready. I can actually say I'm getting excited again :D:yes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
Thanks guys :beers:

I met with the guy who's going to do some work on my car yesterday. He said he's quite picky on the work he takes on as he only wants to work on cars that he's excited to work on. He liked my build :D He is just finishing up a new and bigger shop and wants to wait until it is done before taking my car. He hopes to be done in a month or month and half, then my car will be spending some time with him.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
I know this is a small update, but I haven't been able to post a pic of new parts since 2014 so I'm posting one. Found bit of cancer on the fenders so decided to pick up some new AMD ones. Just waiting for the call from the body guy as to when he's going to pick the car up. He said first part of May so hopefully soon.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 · (Edited)
Well it happened. A buddy of mine dropped off his trailer on Tuesday night.

Wednesday morning the doors opened for the first time in a while

And the car was loaded

Had to take this pic. Going to look awesome from behind

And in its temporary home getting all the panels hung and lined up

I also thought I'd post a pic of a new car I bought last year. It's a 2017 Ford Fusion sport. Snappy little car. 320 hp and 380 tq. Helps fill a void until my car is done lol.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
It's been a long time since it looked like this

Can't wait to see it with the hood one. Getting pretty excited I must admit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
A picture I took when I went to check out the car. Going to pick the car up on Wednesday if I can get my buddy's truck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
Anxious to see the final result with it all together and running.
Thanks. Me too!!!! Lol

The car is back home

It still needs quite a bit of work in the body. The gaps need to be finished up and lots of block sanding, etc. Main thing I wanted to do was get it back looking like a car and now it does. I know that all the panels fit and we won't have any issues when it comes to getting it painted. Next up is to try and get as much done on the car as I can with mechanical, interior, etc. Have already been pricing out parts haha. Order coming soon :)

261 - 280 of 282 Posts