Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
When everyone said "once you have a kid your project will get put on hold" I thought "Yeah right" :noway: Boy was I wrong[/quote]

Soooooooooo True!!!:(

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Kids ain't cheap! That's for sure!

Jason, it was really great seeing you and your dad at the BBQ! I would really love it if we could all hang out at a car show. I really liked your dad. Super cool guy! Maybe one of So Cal Novas MFR's? Ultimately, I think you, your dad and I need to plan GGC! THAT would be WAAAAYYYY too much fun!

John

·
Registered
90 Posts
Kids ain't cheap! That's for sure!

Jason, it was really great seeing you and your dad at the BBQ! I would really love it if we could all hang out at a car show. I really liked your dad. Super cool guy! Maybe one of So Cal Novas MFR's? Ultimately, I think you, your dad and I need to plan GGC! THAT would be WAAAAYYYY too much fun!

John
He would have a tough time keeping up with us on the highway. :D I had a good time hanging out as well. :beers:

I'll send you a PM with some pics/vids of the old car. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
So when will this beast be on a track? I'm hoping its on something other then a straight line.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Sometime next year. It's a track built car. More road race than anything but, hopefully, it'll do OK on the Ol' 1320!

John

G

·
if there's no updates to report then maybe i need to plan a trip to Rodger's place and get me some header bolts... so what's been goin' on here lately John ? i mean, sheesh, it's been what, a couple months since the last update ? :rolleyes: ;) :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
if there's no updates to report then maybe i need to plan a trip to Rodger's place and get me some header bolts... so what's been goin' on here lately John ? i mean, sheesh, it's been what, a couple months since the last update ? :rolleyes: ;) :D
You may see more than you bargained for......hehehehe!!!

John

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Intercooler/radiator front cover and mud bucket mounts

Closing up the wheel wells(Yes, the weld will be ground smooth!)

John

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not even going to get into this discussion because you don't know all the details of the build or what I have done on my own so lets just leave it at that!:sad:
In any case Ironworks is installing the gussets(Hey Jay! I designed them! Does that count?!?
) to firm up the front end. One of Rodgers clients wanted to scale his car and was nice enough to let Rodger scale some of the other projects so we got the '66 up on the scale and checked to see how much it weighed so far! Most all of the major components are in the car so I'm guessing with the glass and interior it should add around 300 more pounds!:)

Gussets

Scaling the car!

John
Wow, lookin good, I wish my Street Stock dirt car scaled that good. I'll bet it's a pushin fool in left hander's. Perfect for a high horse mota.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Wow, lookin good, I wish my Street Stock dirt car scaled that good. I'll bet it's a pushin fool in left hander's. Perfect for a high horse mota.
I'll be hittin' around 700hp on the motor!:D:hurray::beers:

Gauge cluster bodies....

John

G

·
December 8th to February 23rd and during ALL that time all you're posting are the GAUGE CLUSTER HOUSINGS !!?

C'MOM ya GOTTA have more updates than THAT !!! :mad: ;)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
December 8th to February 23rd and during ALL that time all you're posting are the GAUGE CLUSTER HOUSINGS !!?

C'MOM ya GOTTA have more updates than THAT !!! :mad: ;)
LOL! Can't show EVERYTHING!:D

John

G

·
yeah but geeze John, if yer gonna throw the dog a bone at least try ta leave some meat on it will ya ? ;)

i'm SURE ya can give us a "little" bit more of an update can't ya ? ;)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
yeah but geeze John, if yer gonna throw the dog a bone at least try ta leave some meat on it will ya ? ;)

i'm SURE ya can give us a "little" bit more of an update can't ya ? ;)
I'm doing it like her!:D

Show a little here! Show a little their! Look over here! Whoops! Missed it over here!:p

I will say this. I've been ordering a lot of parts lately and some are Ford GT1 switches and starter....There....said too much already!:D

John

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
We had to move the sway bar and radiator up a little to make room for the blower elbow but it all fits snug as a bug in a rug! :D

Gauge pod progress. Gettin' there!

John

G

·
VERY NICE JOHN !!! ;)

what a feat of ingenuity, artful taste & engineering. you should be VERY proud. :thumbsup:
do ya think i'll ever get a ride ? :D

i'm really happy for ya, sure is turning out nice, thanks for the update ;)

JR

141 - 160 of 174 Posts