Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hey John is the bottom end stock? Have you done any research on the LS7 with a blower? Lot's of Corvette guys having problems with adding boost to the motor with the thin cylinder walls. Not in any way trying to rain on your parade I think the car is unreal but coming from the Corvette background just something for you to look into. I'd hate to see problems with the engine after all this work. I've been following your car from the beginning.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Already talked to Procharger and they say that I shouldn't have any problems with the blower as long as I'm not boosting it above 4 1/2 psi. A lot of the problems that 'vette guys have is they are using too much boost and, thus, there goes the motor! I'll probably run around 3 lbs of boost just to err on the side of safety. Procharger says should be able to make around 700hp at the flywheel.

John

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm not even going to get into this discussion because you don't know all the details of the build or what I have done on my own so lets just leave it at that!:sad:
In any case Ironworks is installing the gussets(Hey Jay! I designed them! Does that count?!?
) to firm up the front end. One of Rodgers clients wanted to scale his car and was nice enough to let Rodger scale some of the other projects so we got the '66 up on the scale and checked to see how much it weighed so far! Most all of the major components are in the car so I'm guessing with the glass and interior it should add around 300 more pounds!:)

Gussets

Scaling the car!

John
Hey John....no problem. like i said before. i wasn't breakin your balls too hard. just a lil ribbing. if you are doing some of the fab work yourself then good for you. if it's about 2700 lbs. i'm assuming alot of the tubing is CM. Work on that scale some more to get the corner weights proper and that number might change. my guess on your final curb weight with all fluids and a full tank of gas is gonna be about 3400-3500 lbs. depends how much fru fru stuff ya put in the interior. could be even heavier with a kickin stereo and electronic gizmos.

I myself just got done a long week after being at PINKS ALL OUT at Englishtown helping some friends and customers with their cars. They picked a class between 9.91 and 9.96. Unfortunately we had 3 all motor cars that were almost a full second too fast and 4 cars that normally run 10.0's all motor. all in all a good weekend. had a few friends from our local track (Atco Raceway 1-1/2 hrs south of Englishtown) make the final 16 but only one made the final 8 and that was that.

John....if you ever do a power tour or get on the east coast when the car is done i'd like to crawl around it and check out the work.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Already talked to Procharger and they say that I shouldn't have any problems with the blower as long as I'm not boosting it above 4 1/2 psi. A lot of the problems that 'vette guys have is they are using too much boost and, thus, there goes the motor! I'll probably run around 3 lbs of boost just to err on the side of safety. Procharger says should be able to make around 700hp at the flywheel.

John

Good deal. Like I said I didn't want to offend and was sure you have given it thought just didn't want to see bad things after that bad boy is together.
By the way a good friend of mine just bought an 06 Z06 and that motor is no joke. What a fun car to drive I can't wait to see your Nova up and running.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Good deal. Like I said I didn't want to offend and was sure you have given it thought just didn't want to see bad things after that bad boy is together.
By the way a good friend of mine just bought an 06 Z06 and that motor is no joke. What a fun car to drive I can't wait to see your Nova up and running.:thumbsup:
No offense taken! Thanks for caring enough to put it out there! Good looking out!:D

Finished mounting the intercoolers. Now all that is left is to finish the plumbing and we should be done with the supercharger system.

Exhaust system is pretty much routed. Just need to finish running it out the back and finish weld all the fittings.

Muffler placement

We're going to wrap the pipes with heat shield as they go around the tank.

Rear bumper

John

G

·
lookin' good John !!! :thumbsup:

maybe i can come up to see it again one of these days real soon... hopefully i'll even be able to drive the Flyer up to see it... i'll bring my header bolt wrench with me too :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
lookin' good John !!! :thumbsup:

maybe i can come up to see it again one of these days real soon... hopefully i'll even be able to drive the Flyer up to see it... i'll bring my header bolt wrench with me too :rolleyes: :D
Hahaha! Sure Bro! Let me know and I'll try and make it up there with you!

The Flyer is looking GREAT!! Man, I can't wait to see it at the BBQ!!!:hurray:

John

G

·
maybe in the next couple weeks John, first it needs to get completed ;) i think that'd be a good run to shake it all out if ya get my meaning... i'll grab Dave & Bill and drag them with :D

after all, i'll need the extra guys for the diversion :eek:

hey, this part is nice :rolleyes:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
maybe in the next couple weeks John, first it needs to get completed ;) i think that'd be a good run to shake it all out if ya get my meaning... i'll grab Dave & Bill and drag them with :D

after all, i'll need the extra guys for the diversion :eek:

hey, this part is nice :rolleyes:
LOL!!! I better call Rodger and have him put Jake near you!:yes:

John

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
OK......just crawling along trying to get everything sorted out but a couple of things to report!

Got the gussets fitted and tacked along with the supercharger plumbing!

John

G

·
NOW i know why ya have all that stuff under the hood... yer jus' AFRAID you'll loose another header bolt !!! Man, yer makin' it rough !!! :eek: :D

Lookin' Great John !!! :thumbsup:

G

·
Hey John, i took the liberty of moving your build thread into the newly created "Pro-Touring" forum... i thought you deserved to be the first contribution to the forum ;)

be Good and GET MORE PICS !!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Thanks John but this section wouldn't be complete without Jason's build!

John

BTW The Flyer is so SWEET! F U! LOL!(OK! Fine! I'm jealous!)

G

·
i moved all the threads here John ;)

Jason's gonna have ta get busy and catch up to ya that's all ;)

th-th-th-that's all Folks !!! :D

121 - 140 of 174 Posts