Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! I'm a newbie here so I hope I don't offend anyone by posting pictures of the project I have going right now!:eek:

The car will be running a Z06 drivetrain which includes a 505 hp LS7 engine, 6 speed T-56 Transaxle. Suspension will also be Z06 except for the Upper Control Arms which we've modified to take advantage of better suspension geometry.

Hope ya like it!

John

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
John I take it this isn't your first build? You will only offend the museum curators with pics like yours. :D Awesome project. :bow: Looks like all you have is interior and paint before you start your next project. :thumbsup:

Big Dave

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John I take it this isn't your first build? You will only offend the museum curators with pics like yours. :D Awesome project. :bow: Looks like all you have is interior and paint before you start your next project. :thumbsup:

Big Dave
First build that I've gone balls out on!!! LOL, I hear you on the "museum curators' comment. I already got some flak over at Steves! Thanks for the compliment! I still have a bunch of details to work out but we're definitely getting closer!!:beers:

:noway::noway: YOU AINT NO NEWBY!
FANTASTIC CAR!!!
LOL!!! I meant on this site! Don't want to offend the founding fathers!!!:p

John

·
Registered
627 Posts
glad to see it again..atleast on this site its easy to follow along, over on steves have to sift through way to many b.s. threads to find it

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
glad to see it again..atleast on this site its easy to follow along, over on steves have to sift through way to many b.s. threads to find it
LOL!!! Sorry!!:D

You know how those guys are over there!

John

·
Registered
627 Posts
i know...love everyone but it just gets spun out sometimes...btw..been moving towards some budniks...actually could do them right now but looking for a smokeing deal..i dont need anything one off just want to drop the t-thrusts i have...if you can pm me maybe you can point me in the right direction

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey John, been following your project on the other site a while back, but haven't seen it lately. :noway:It's good to see it again.:hurray:
NICE:thumbsup:to put it very mildly. Please, please post moe pics:yes:
I sure would like to see more pics of the detail of the front, rad support etc.
John, i just gotta say it again, she's going to be one of the nicest rides that's been around.:beers: Beautiful workmanship.:thumbsup:
Bob.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey John, been following your project on the other site a while back, but haven't seen it lately. :noway:It's good to see it again.:hurray:
NICE:thumbsup:to put it very mildly. Please, please post moe pics:yes:
I sure would like to see more pics of the detail of the front, rad support etc.
John, i just gotta say it again, she's going to be one of the nicest rides that's been around.:beers: Beautiful workmanship.:thumbsup:
Bob.
Thanks Bob! I'll let you in on a little secret!:secret:

When I first started this project I wanted the car to be built as a hybrid street/race car. Kind of a Euro Super Car but all American Muscle. Since then I've had so many inquiries by manufacturers wanting to sponsor the car that it's quickly turning into a show car. Not that thats bad but I can already see the look on all the sponsors faces when I drive the car into their booth and there are little nicks and rock chips from driving it on the track! :eek:
So I'm kind of torn between the two right now as to what I should do!:rolleyes:

John

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tough choice.:yes: They are made to drive tho. That's half the fun.:D Go with you're gut feeling.;) Man, i can't wait to see her done.:yes: She's going to be a neck breaker, no matter what you decide.

I am working on mine also. But lots to do yet. Getting lots of good advice, and learning a whole bunch as i go.:)Getting some ideas from pics too. Not stealing anything, just some good points and stuff.

John, we sure would like more pics too.

Show her off.:thumbsup:
Bob.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tough choice.:yes: They are made to drive tho. That's half the fun.:D Go with you're gut feeling.;) Man, i can't wait to see her done.:yes: She's going to be a neck breaker, no matter what you decide.

I am working on mine also. But lots to do yet. Getting lots of good advice, and learning a whole bunch as i go.:)Getting some ideas from pics too. Not stealing anything, just some good points and stuff.

John, we sure would like more pics too.

Show her off.:thumbsup:
Bob.
LOL!! OK.....let me put a request into the Bossman!!!

John

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
Thanks Bob! I'll let you in on a little secret!:secret:

When I first started this project I wanted the car to be built as a hybrid street/race car. Kind of a Euro Super Car but all American Muscle. Since then I've had so many inquiries by manufacturers wanting to sponsor the car that it's quickly turning into a show car. Not that thats bad but I can already see the look on all the sponsors faces when I drive the car into their booth and there are little nicks and rock chips from driving it on the track! :eek:
So I'm kind of torn between the two right now as to what I should do!:rolleyes:

John
Welcome John glad to have you here. The car is awesome :yes:
As far as the sponsers, they may put up the cash but the car is yours to do with as you like. Maybe they can spring for paint touch up before the events you have to attend :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome John glad to have you here. The car is awesome :yes:
As far as the sponsers, they may put up the cash but the car is yours to do with as you like. Maybe they can spring for paint touch up before the events you have to attend :D
Thanks Philip! Are you John Olsons friend?

John

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guilty as charged :D
LOL!!! I love that guy! He's that guy that acts all tough on the outside but once you get to know him you know that if you say the wrong thing he'll get all sensitive on ya'!:)

John

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, 4800 miles together.:thumbsup: You better be friends after that..lol;)
Yea, it's sort of lonely here..lol:boring:There's not any real car nuts right in my immediate area.:noway:
Theres only, get the wheels under her and let's get going kind of thing here.:sad:
I was in Arizona, to Barrett Jackson in January. It was something to see.
I really enjoyed it. That's all i could afford, was to see.:D
Bob.:beers:

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.