Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets here how every one gets there novas to hook and the 60 ft times. i use stock mono leaf springs compitition ladder bars 50 50 rear shocks frame conectors and a compition anti roll bar.i have been thinging about the cal trac bars but dont really know if it will help my 60 ft times that much for the 320 dallar expence.i would ladder bar it but i may want to put it back on the street someday so thats out.at least the cal tracks may keep the rear end under the car if the springs brake

·
Registered
89 Posts
I assume you meant that you have slapper bars?
Looks to me like you are 60' ing well now if 1.44 is typical?

1.44 is my best, and I'm a few tnths quicker.

From what folks tell me, the Cal Tracs are if anything more consistent.

I have a set to try myself.....what I have now is too hard to describe.

Ron

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea ron its slapper bars .the 60s will vary some as track condititions vary 1.44 is my best but after i installed the anti roll bar the 60s went from 1.50s to the 40s but the car also picked up some to after the 8 inch converter got broke in.ive put in a roll cage this year so i guess the added weight will slow me down some.the car is real consitant when its off its usually in the 60ft times

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not really apples to apples comparison, my 64 is a tube chassis from the firewall back and 4link, but it trips the 60' timers at 1.32 with the rear tires (fronts 5-6' in the air still) Gotta love a torquey n/a small block :)

http://www.small-block-chevy.com/MOV00281.MPG

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got to be a fun ride.my buddys camaro is four link and he is i the 1.20 sixty foot range but with a big block.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.