Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 63 nova with an inline 6. I am getting ready to do a power steering conversion. I found the brackets for the inline 6. Looking for someone who went this route that could share some images so I can see how the pump and alt. are installed. Much

· Registered
109 Posts
I have a 63 nova with an inline 6. I am getting ready to do a power steering conversion. I found the brackets for the inline 6. Looking for someone who went this route that could share some images so I can see how the pump and alt. are installed. Much
Does this help?

· Registered
7 Posts
You might consider the electric power steering installation. It doesn't require any energy from your motor and is a fairly easy install. I bought my module (came from a 2007 Toyota Prius) off of ebay. I think it cost me around $150. If you buy it off of ebay be sure that you get the control module with the motor. It all fits neatly up under the deash and works very well. The only difference is when you are driving and turning it will not return to normal position without you doing so. The only tricky thing is cutting your existing steering shaft to the right length. Hope this works for you.

· Registered
7 Posts
There are more than one option. I sure like the electric conversion. You don't have to start the engine, just turn on the ignition. Also there is no drain on the power of the engine. That may be an important issue with the 6 cyl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts