Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Please explain the use of a "stall convertor".

How do you know if you have a "stall converter"? My car was built by a guy to race - and then it was "cleaned up" to the present street/strip combo it is now. It has a pretty potent 396 in it and a lot of other goodies that make me think it should have a stall in it. I have not had one so I don't know what to look for. I have noticed that when standing on the gas from a dead stop it goes 10 feet or more and then breaks the tires loose. I don't think this is a tranny problem as it is built also. If it does have a stall in it - do you just power brake the car up to 2500 or so and then let off the brake to launch it??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Please explain the use of a "stall convertor".

I currently have 205 70/R14's on it, so the tire smoking thing is kinda unavoidable, and is actually entertaining....LOL
The car has traction bars and frame connectors, I also got a set of 8" slicks with it. Once I get it tuned properly I want to run it at the strip once or twice just to get a time slip and see what she will do. I was just wondering because I can power brake it up to about 2300 rpms before it wont hold w/the brake anymore and then it is instant light up.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.