Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please explain the use of a "stall convertor".

I have a question.

What is the advantage of having a stall convertor over a non-stall? Exactly, what does it do, and does it help in any way?

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Please explain the use of a "stall convertor".

I guess using my stock convertor is fine...for now. Will I be able to see a difference if I upgraded to a higher stall? The nova is used only as a weekend ride, with very minimal upgrades.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thank you for the information. I will be installing a mild cam, (204/214), rebuilt heads, shift kit, and a locker in a few months. So I guess the best thing to do is to wait and see how it runs. It will save me a little time and money if I don't need the stall.

Thanks.

so-cal Jack

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Is there a way to manually figure the stall that is currently in my car? Someone told me to stand on the brake.....while stepping on the gas. When the wheels start to break loose, is approximately the stall of the convertor. This will be hard for me, since I have manual brakes. Is there another way?

so-cal Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.