Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
non-nova
got a 93 chevy pickup that has that wonderful peeling paint. want to get a re-paint, anyone had any dealings with Maaco?
truck is a daily driver so don't want to spend a fortune. most of the body shops don't like to do full re-paints anymore, they seem to live off the insurance jobs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
MAACO is your friendly neighborhood quicky paint shop. For a few hundred dollars, they'll have your truck in and out - sprayed and billed- in a few days. They run vehicles through their shops on an assembly-line basis. It'll look better than it does now, but you get what you pay for.
It all depends on what you want the final outcome of a new paint job to look like, and how long you want it to last. If there's any body damage or rust, they won't fix it unless you specifically request the body work be done (at an extra cost). I'm not even sure they'll go that far. You have to ask. Make sure they tell you exactly how they're going to repaint it.... how they'll prep the current paint, how they'll treat the current bare spots, etc. before painting.

They're great if you only want to spend a few hundred bucks on the truck. I'd suggest looking at their work and getting references from past customers. You might even want to check the Better Business Bureau web site and looking them up first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Maaco offers a better paint job, but you pay more. the key is in the prep work. I heard that peeling problem was caused by a bad primer. If you dont take that truck down to bare metal by having it media blasted first it will only be a matter of time before the paint will start peeling again. Just my opinion. I am no painter, but a exowner of a peeling paint 93 chevy pick up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts