Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they worth it or not?

I have read that you get some extra MPG's out of them when on the highway due to no convertor slipage...also less heat generated in the convertor during extended highway driving too for the same reason.....would they be of any help during a 1/4 mile run or would you be unlikely to lock it up while draging?

·
Registered
107 Posts
69NovaSS said:
Are they worth it or not?

I have read that you get some extra MPG's out of them when on the highway due to no convertor slipage...also less heat generated in the convertor during extended highway driving too for the same reason.....would they be of any help during a 1/4 mile run or would you be unlikely to lock it up while draging?
Dan Lebherz runs a lock-up converter and I think he says it's worth a few MPH in the 1/4 when he locks it up in 3rd.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DriveWFO said:
Dan Lebherz runs a lock-up converter and I think he says it's worth a few MPH in the 1/4 when he locks it up in 3rd.
Now I guess the switch must have to be real handy for ya to use in while dragging cause theres a lot going on in those few seconds so you dont want to have to waste any of it looking for a switch

·
Registered
107 Posts
69NovaSS said:
Now I guess the switch must have to be real handy for ya to use in while dragging cause theres a lot going on in those few seconds so you dont want to have to waste any of it looking for a switch
Yup, you are correct. I think his is on the dash though :eek:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Dave; do ya know if ******* makes a lock up convertor?

·
Registered
107 Posts
69NovaSS said:
Hey Dave; do ya know if ******* makes a lock up convertor?
I called and talked to Donald...they got lock-up converters for AODs. He just relisted a bunch of them this morning, but they haven't shown up yet in their online store. Give him a call and they'll make ya one 325-829-7848

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DriveWFO said:
I called and talked to Donald...they got lock-up converters for AODs. He just relisted a bunch of them this morning, but they haven't shown up yet in their online store. Give him a call and they'll make ya one 325-829-7848
Well cool.....I dont have an OD yet but a 200 might really be in the cards...if its basicly a direct replacement for a th350 and they can be beefed up to work....why not have the extra gear to help MPG...hey I know this car will be bad...I'm prepaired for less then 9mpg if I was running a th350 but any extra MPG you can drag outta them is gravy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts